Quote:
Code:
alias stripbg {
  var %a, %b = $regsub($$1,/(\03\d+)\54\d+/g,\1,%a)
  return %a
}

hmmm the 54 stumped me for a bit tell i releasied it was octal

I assume the \1 is a "back refrence" (i had to look that up smile ) to the (\03\d+)

Can i suggest this , although its incomplete becuase for the life of me i cant work out how to get the 99 in there.
Where there are two X's i need that replaced with 99 but that makes a \199 which isnt whats wanted, and i cant work out how to do that bit. (any help please?)
Code:
alias stripbg {
  var %a, %b = $regsub($$1,/(\03\d\d?\54)\d\d?/g,\1XX,%a)
  return %a
}

The reason im saying this is coloring is limited to 6 patterns [ <ctrl-k># <ctrl-k>## <ctrl-k>#,# <ctrl-k>#,## <ctrl-k>##,# <ctrl-k>##,## ] anything else becomes text also removing the background color if located can cause following text to become that background color if that text happened to start with ,# or ,##

examples
msg $chan Only add the ,number if you selected centerpeed and u want to say how many legs it should have !creature centerpeed<ctrl-k>7,12,14 for 14 legs
this would before have translated to
Only add the ,number if you selected centerpeed and u want to say how many legs it should have !creature centerpeed<ctrl-k>7,14 for 14 legs
making background color 14

if the above one can be made to put 99 in there as in
Only add the ,number if you selected centerpeed and u want to say how many legs it should have !creature centerpeed<ctrl-k>7,99,14 for 14 legs
Then the background color is ignored as its invalid.

PS: Damn regex's are good value! Double Damn i suck at them!