That's wrong, any possible oversight is a wrong oversight. A script should not continue processing if errant code is run. Thats the point of the error messages- otherwise there are plenty of commands in mIRC that halt processing when theres no 'serious' error.

Let me illustrate the 'theres no such thing as a glaring error' syndrome:

1. Lost in code...where's waldo?

alias x { var %i, %x, %y, %n = $len($$1) | while (%i < %m) { inc %i | %x = $calc(5 + ($sqrt($$1 + $$3 / $floor($$1 + 2 / (18 + 555 * $$2))) | tokenize | %y = $base($abs($calc(%x + 5 + ($sqrt($$1 + $$3))), 10, 2, $left($$1,-1)) } | return %y }

You can blame the terrible coding style all you want, but the point is mIRC should tell the scripter what went wrong, or he might never find that needle in the haystack

or even...

2. Ignorance to the ways of mIRC
Code:
ON *:TEXT:!help:# { 
  msg $nick HELP INFO | tokenize | parameters: &lt;delim&gt; &lt;text&gt;
  msg $nick Description: tokenizes text based on a delimiter
}

A scripter might not be aware of the | used as a command delimiter. Sure, its his fault, but that should not justify mIRC not telling the scripter how to fix his error.

By the way, don't try to argue these examples- They're just examples. In fact, these examples should be considered simple cases of what can be a much more complex situation (a one line alias thats triple the size, a longer on text event, etc) The point stands.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"