B
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
B
Hello all,
Originally Posted By: //echo command output
XP 7.19 7dce14f036cb1767f991704e9477151a ok 23 0 0 1

The problem: whenever for example someone attempts to set a mode without being ops first, depending on the ircd you get a message about similar to this in the active channel window:
Originally Posted By: mIRC
* Bender: you must have channel privilege @ or above to set channel mode o
And there lies the problem, it lowercases the entire text string while it shouldn't as it is misleading. For example the above was actually an attempt to set +O and not +o. The output in raw was this:
Originally Posted By: InspIRCd
<- :<server> 482 Bender #Test :You must have channel privilege @ or above to set channel mode O
There you can see the server itself does actually use capitalization on "You" and "O".

I can probably script a fix for this but I think this should be best fixed within mIRC itself...

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Can you provide a server to test on? My guess is it's a script on your end. mIRC should be displaying output the same as shown from the server (minus leading data like channel name). If you have a RAW event in any of your scripts, it may be causing that change. But without a server to test that on, I'm not sure. Based on the format of the output, though, it does look like it's being changed. I don't believe errors are ever shown as actions (starting with *) and I don't think that would normally have your nick as part of the message.

Last edited by Riamus2; 04/08/11 08:05 PM.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
W
Babel fish
Babel fish
W
I can confirm this as well.

given (raw 482:*:echo -a $1-)
we get:
Originally Posted By: Raw 482
Wiz126 #Removed You must have channel halfop access or above to set channel mode O

or debug if you'd like:
Originally Posted By: InspIRCd
<- :XX.YY.net 482 Wiz126 #Removed :You must have channel halfop access or above to set channel mode O

mIRC will display:
Originally Posted By: mIRC
* Wiz126: you must have channel halfop access or above to set channel mode o

Note the O was incorrectly lowercased (As well as the rest of the sentence, which is less important). The being said, mIRC doesn't lowercase the actual incoming line but rather the statement it prints to the channel. (The typical error message you would get if you try to +o or +v someone when you are a regular user.)

Side note to Riamus2: I have really had enough of your pointless forum posts on here; they just pollute perfectly fine threads. If you don't have any genuinely new informative things to add, don't post. "I don't believe errors are ever shown as actions (starting with *)" - Of course they do! When you try to op/deop/halfop/dehalfop/voice/devoice/etc a user while having insufficient power to do so. (They are colored in $color(info))

Last edited by Wiz126; 04/08/11 09:14 PM.
D
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
D
Confirmed.

Most IRC servers give the message "You're not channel operator" (with that capitalization) in numeric 482, and in this case it's not a big deal that mIRC is making it all lowercase. But I think as long as mIRC is displaying a message directly from the IRC server, it shouldn't be modifying the case.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks this has been fixed for the next version.

Link Copied to Clipboard