mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
J
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
J
I have a script that, when I type !ignore in a query, it is supposed to send a message via pm in the query stating, in short, that I am ignoring them. But there a problem with the script. The script that I am using is
Code:
on *:input:?:{
  if $1- == !ignore {
    .ignore $active 3
    msg $active "/inc %ignore | me greets you! 1Welcome to my Ignore List! 4The population is made up of Spammers, Flooders, Random PMers, and OVERALL ANNOYING PEOPLE! 12Current Population: %ignore "
    close -m $active
    halt
  }
}

The problem with this script is that it is supposed to count the number of times i have used the command, but it fails to do so. The number never changes, and I can't see how to fix it. I think it has something to do with it being used in a query that is messing it up, because when i use it as a "slap command" if you will, it counts just fine.

Any and all help is appreciated. THANKS!

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
Originally Posted By: johndoe123
I have a script that, when I type !ignore in a query, it is supposed to send a message via pm in the query stating, in short, that I am ignoring them. But there a problem with the script. The script that I am using is
Code:
  if $1 == !ignore {
    .ignore $active 3
    msg $active "/inc %ignore | me greets you! 1Welcome to my Ignore List! 4The population is made up of Spammers, Flooders, Random PMers, and OVERALL ANNOYING PEOPLE! 12Current Population: %ignore "
    close -m $active
    halt
  }
}

The problem with this script is that it is supposed to count the number of times i have used the command, but it fails to do so. The number never changes, and I can't see how to fix it. I think it has something to do with it being used in a query that is messing it up, because when i use it as a "slap command" if you will, it counts just fine.

Any and all help is appreciated. THANKS!

Um your problem is using quotes "/inc %ignore

That command should be alone or without the "/

Code:
  if $1- == !ignore {
    .ignore $active 3
   inc %ignore | me greets you! " $+ 1Welcome to my Ignore List! 4The population is made up of Spammers, Flooders, Random PMers, and OVERALL ANNOYING PEOPLE! 12Current Population: %ignore $+ "
    close -m $active
    halt
  }
}

Code:
if $reality > $fiction { set %sanity Sane }
Else { echo -a *voices* }
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I'd also avoid using "me" as a command in a script. Stick to "describe" for actions.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard