mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Active Threads | Unanswered Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past Week | Past Month | Past Year
Scripts & Popups Jump to new posts
Re: Simple multizone timezone clock Ascertainment Yesterday at 05:25 PM
ORIGINAL

on *:TEXT:!time:#:{
timer 1 1 msg $chan The Time here is $time(hh:nn:ss T)
timer 1 2 msg $chan The Time ahead of here is ( $calc ( $time + 60 ) )(hh:nn:ss T )
}

A FIX Version without changing to much

timer 1 1 msg $chan The Time here is $time(hh:nn:ss TT)
timer 1 2 msg $chan The Time ahead of here is $asctime($calc($ctime + (0 + 1*3600)), hh:nn:ss TT) +1 Hour
}

Ive added an extra T also in your 2nd time you have spaces and are between your identifiers you cant do this anyway
here we dont use $time we use $asctime($calc($ctime + (0 +1*3600)), (hh:nn:ss TT) also no space ( Not like this but (like this)
i wont go into too much detail, hope this helps heres the fix for the above command:

timer 1 1 msg $chan The Time here is $time(hh:nn:ss TT)
timer 1 2 msg $chan The Time ahead of here is $asctime($calc($ctime + (0 + 1*3600)), hh:nn:ss TT) +1 Hour
}

Ascertainment
3 418 Read More
Bug Reports Jump to new posts
Re: $mid with large text bug Khaled 15/04/24 07:22 AM
Thanks, it looks like $mid() had an internal maximum limit of 10000 vs the 10240 that $maxlenl returns. This issue has been fixed for the next version.
1 180 Read More
mIRC Help Jump to new posts
Re: Double-clicking link does not work Khaled 14/04/24 12:16 PM
You do not have to change any options for this to work. If it is not working, this means that either your Windows is not configured to use a default browser or you are using a script that blocks hotlinks.

An easy way to test this is to install a clean copy of mIRC, using the portable option in the installer, in a new, empty folder with no scripts or addons, and to test it there.

And you should, of course, make sure that you are using the latest version of mIRC.
1 280 Read More
Connection Issues Jump to new posts
Re: DCC Max Speed Khaled 13/04/24 12:31 PM
There is a limit, however it is not related to a specific transfer rate. This is due to mIRC being a single-threaded application, which means that if DCC Send was allowed to run at full-speed, it would block the user interface. There are several windows message-based features in mIRC that can do this, so mIRC uses various methods to minimize it. This has, of course, been discussed before :-) Looking through versions.txt, I'm amazed to see that DCC Send/Get was added in 1995, when modem speeds were around 28.8kbps, and went through various implementation changes after that. The first discussion of the internal limit probably came up around the time that someone managed to get a super-fast internet connection many years later. The topic then comes up again periodically when someone tries to transfer a large file. Is it important? I have no idea. My network speed, on a very good day, is around 5MB/s. Should I redesign the entire DCC Send/Get implementation to use threads? Maybe. I usually add features or make changes if I think it will be a fun/interesting challenge. At some point, it may pique my interest :-)
1 303 Read More