mIRC Homepage
Posted By: curious78 a stupid question, i'm sure - 02/09/03 10:14 PM
i have a website that i have been trying to put a chat program on for one of my pages, i have tried several but they all suck...i love using irc so i tried to find out if there is a version of it that i can put up on my website, but so far i haven't found anything....can anyone tell me if there is such a thing?

Thank you...
Posted By: codemastr Re: a stupid question, i'm sure - 02/09/03 10:17 PM
www.pjirc.com thats a nice (free) java applet you can use.
Posted By: Raccoon Re: a stupid question, i'm sure - 02/09/03 11:15 PM
I wish someone would write a decent client in Flash smirk

I've only ever seen 1 attempt, and it sucks.
Posted By: _D3m0n_ Re: a stupid question, i'm sure - 02/09/03 11:26 PM
ive not got much flash experiance at all ..... but yes i could definatly agree with u that would probably make a decent client. and i would think it would have the ability to add flash plugins to it on a website level for each site owner. that could really have some definate benefits. suck as services related help files and commands . different server connections support and the like.
Posted By: WatchMinister Re: a stupid question, i'm sure - 03/09/03 12:07 AM
What about the attempt at http://chat.orsm.net/ ?
I've seen more flash chat clients, but I could only find this one..
Posted By: _D3m0n_ Re: a stupid question, i'm sure - 03/09/03 12:28 AM
nah that one sucks too ..... has little to no options
Posted By: WatchMinister Re: a stupid question, i'm sure - 03/09/03 01:01 AM
Yea it doesn't make tea for you, nor does it do your laundry.. although, isnt the idea of a chat client chatting? And I believe chatting works fine with it..

What options did you hope for?
Posted By: Raccoon Re: a stupid question, i'm sure - 03/09/03 01:07 AM
Personally, I'd like a simple and clean flash client with few (if any) options for the user, but allows them to sign on and ask the webmaster a question, or talk live with other visitors.

Because most browsers come with macromedia flash plugin, and flash takes so little cpu resources compared to java.. it'd be the nicest solution.
Posted By: _D3m0n_ Re: a stupid question, i'm sure - 03/09/03 01:27 AM
nor does it have ANY user popups services commands support and nothing else i described in my above post ... when damn near every java applet out there does..... why would i ever want to use an applet that doesnt have the same better or even more features than ive already got?

simple answer i wouldnt and yes i do have my own site i design and do have an applet already .. i clicked your link thinking there was something possibly useful there ..... wasted click if u ask me
© mIRC Discussion Forums