mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#46647 02/09/03 10:14 PM
C
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
C
i have a website that i have been trying to put a chat program on for one of my pages, i have tried several but they all suck...i love using irc so i tried to find out if there is a version of it that i can put up on my website, but so far i haven't found anything....can anyone tell me if there is such a thing?

Thank you...

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
www.pjirc.com thats a nice (free) java applet you can use.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I wish someone would write a decent client in Flash smirk

I've only ever seen 1 attempt, and it sucks.

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
ive not got much flash experiance at all ..... but yes i could definatly agree with u that would probably make a decent client. and i would think it would have the ability to add flash plugins to it on a website level for each site owner. that could really have some definate benefits. suck as services related help files and commands . different server connections support and the like.

D3m0nnet.com
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
What about the attempt at http://chat.orsm.net/ ?
I've seen more flash chat clients, but I could only find this one..

_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
nah that one sucks too ..... has little to no options

D3m0nnet.com
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
Yea it doesn't make tea for you, nor does it do your laundry.. although, isnt the idea of a chat client chatting? And I believe chatting works fine with it..

What options did you hope for?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Personally, I'd like a simple and clean flash client with few (if any) options for the user, but allows them to sign on and ask the webmaster a question, or talk live with other visitors.

Because most browsers come with macromedia flash plugin, and flash takes so little cpu resources compared to java.. it'd be the nicest solution.

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
nor does it have ANY user popups services commands support and nothing else i described in my above post ... when damn near every java applet out there does..... why would i ever want to use an applet that doesnt have the same better or even more features than ive already got?

simple answer i wouldnt and yes i do have my own site i design and do have an applet already .. i clicked your link thinking there was something possibly useful there ..... wasted click if u ask me

D3m0nnet.com

Link Copied to Clipboard