Print Thread
#8547 27/01/03 05:31 PM
J
jacknet Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
J
I was connecting to mIrc with dialup ok and then I went and hooked up dsl and now I can't connect. Do I need to change some settings? Thanks,
Jack

#8548 27/01/03 06:43 PM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
what happens when you try to connect, what error msg do you see... and do you get it on all networks/servers you try?

It could be the dsl settings by default are too restrictive, do you have web or telnet access to them?

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
#8549 27/01/03 08:06 PM
J
jacknet Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
J
I get a server timed out error.
It tries again on random servers and the same timeout occurs.
I've had dsl awhile and can go pretty much anywhere on the internet unrestricted. I don't know why it would quit working other than the fact that I previously used mIrc with my dial-up and the only thing that changed is the new dsl service which is through a different provider than the dial-up. Are there settings in mIrc that the irc server is looking for?

#8550 28/01/03 05:14 AM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
First, i would try connecting to a server we know is working, just to be sure the problem isnt network related (like the current probs on DALnet) or that you arent trying to connect to a server that doesnt exist. Before you try, go to file/options/connect/options and click on the retry button. Increase the line that says "If not connected in ___secs" and increase it to 60 secs or a lil more if thats what it has now.
(while you're in options, wouldnt hurt to check connect and be sure you have info filled in, and under local info to see if you have Local Host and Server checked and under Firewall be sure you have None selected)

In your status window type one of these:
/server irc.Prison.NET
/server irc.quakenet.eu.org

If the same thing happens, it may be that the dsl/firewall/router settings are blocking the server ports, generally 6660-6669, 7000-7001 and port 113 for identd. You could ask your provider, as well as asking if you have password access to web or telnet in to change the settings.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard