Print Thread
J
jh20001 Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
J
Hey I have an interesting issue.
I have a trivia script, that used to work fine in mirc5.x but when i replaced witht the new 6.01 or 6.03 it fails.

This is what it does. Menu command triggers an alias which on alias sets a timer to read a random line of a txt file. The lin in the text file looks like "/msg #channel trivia question | /set %answer theanswer | /timeranswertimeouttimer x x /alias"

It seems when it reads the text file, everything is accomplished except for the /set command. It errors and says * /set: invalid parameters

I switch back to mirc5.x and it works fine again. I cannot figure out whats causing it. If I type any of the set commands manually it works. But when its running the commands int he txt file, that one command just wont work. I even tried swicthing them all to /set -n %answer answer"
This is driving me nuts frown

H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
It could be that it is first resolving all the identifiers/variables before processing the line.. try | set % $+ answer theanswer |

DALnet: #HelpDesk and #m[color:#FF0000]IR[color:#EEEE00]C
J
jh20001 Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
J
thanks so much, that worked perfectly. I wonder what changed int he new version of mirc to cause that. I heard of a few wierd things changing that causes trouble with a few things but nothing for simple stuff liek that.

Thanks again -_^

Link Copied to Clipboard