Print Thread
K
keeker Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
K
having a little trouble with dcc.
first off, just lemme say that i CAN send files manually by typing in /dcc send nick filename.ext . but mirc wont look for my !nick trigger, either in a script with the built in sender OFF, or with the script commented out and the built in trigger turned ON. like if someone types !neoknight last_summers_christmas_party.jpg it wont send but if i manually do it with /dcc send, it will send perfectly. and thoughts as to whats happening?

keek: Scots - intr.v. keeked, keekĀ·ing, keeks
To peek; peep.
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
I could be wrong, but I was under the impression that !nick triggers only worked with sound files? Have someone grab a sound file from you and see if that works...

Last edited by Poppy; 26/01/03 12:26 AM.

Never compare yourself to others - they're more screwed up than you think.
K
keeker Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
K
you are correct the built in !nick trigger only works for wavs/mp3 that are in your sound folder, which is what i really want to do, but i didnt want the standard "Mirc aint a file sharing program" lecture so i put .jpg.

i have my mp3's in folders according to artist like this: c:\music\ateens\ateens-_-floorfiller.mp3 . Is mirc able to see the file if it is in a subfolder?

keek: Scots - intr.v. keeked, keekĀ·ing, keeks
To peek; peep.
_
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
_
im not totally sure but isnt the defualt sound folder for mirc
C:/mirc/sounds ...... or whereever u installed the script ..... i thought that only worked for defualt sound folder

D3m0nnet.com
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
From the help file re sounds options:
Location of wave/midi files:
Whenever a sound is requested, mIRC will look in these directories and all of their subdirectories for it.

Listen for !nick file get requests
If someone sends you a message starting with an exclamation mark prefixing your nickname mIRC will assume that they are requesting a sound file from you and will search your sounds directory for the file. If it finds it, it dcc sends it to the user.

The /sound command
The sound file must end in .wav, .mid, or .mp3, and may be located in the default sounds directory or in any of the subdirectories in the sounds directory. You do not need to specify a directory for the filename unless the file is not in the sounds directory.

I know you said you have "listen for !nick..." checked, but did you check to be sure you have the "accept sound requests" box checked as well?

<insert file sharing lecture here>

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Are you saying you have multiple folders for sounds? If so, there's your problem - the !nick trigger will only work from one folder...the one you set as default.

Never compare yourself to others - they're more screwed up than you think.

Link Copied to Clipboard