Print Thread
#8276 25/01/03 03:51 PM
M
morag Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
M
When i leave a channel why does my e-mail address etc appear after my nick? When other people leave only there Nick appears with the leave message. How do i stop this happening.

Also how do i set my status to away so a message appears for others to see. e.g. my Nick changes to ?????/away.

Thanks for your help.

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Quote:
When i leave a channel why does my e-mail address etc appear after my nick? When other people leave only there Nick appears with the leave message. How do i stop this happening.

This message?

[15:03:41] * NickName (somewhere@something.com) has left #channel

It isn't an email address.

The first part (somewhere) is your identd if you are using it, or the first part of the email you filled in in mIRC Options if you are not using identd.

The second part (something.com) is your host or IP address. (your Internet Provider decides what this will be)

There is no way to stop other people seeing this message, or atleast not on any server I have been on. To see other people's info goto mIRC Options -> IRC and check the "Show addresses" box on the far right.

Quote:
Also how do i set my status to away so a message appears for others to see. e.g. my Nick changes to ?????/away.

/away AwayMessage marks you as away on the server. E.g. /away I am not here. This message is shown to someone whenever they message you, or do a /whois on you.

/amsg Message sends a message to all the channels you are on. E.g. /amsg I am not here

/nick NickName changes your nickname to something else. E.g. /nick morag|away

You can download scripts that will do all this for you on request, so you don't have to type commands every time you want people to know you are away. To find one goto a search engine like Google and search for "mIRC away system".

I hope you can understand all of this, not good at explaining things smile

M
morag Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks for the help!
Just out of interest!

[15:03:41] * NickName (somewhere@something.com) has left #channel.

why does it not come up when other people leave?

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
To see other people's info goto mIRC Options -> IRC and check the "Show addresses" box on the far right.

Link Copied to Clipboard