mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#77973 04/04/04 11:34 PM
L
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
L
Hi, I have optimum online and I have a problem. I can't connect to anyone on mirc with the ports they set. For example, To access an fserve with a specific firewall port I need to enable. I do the command /dccserver +sc on 59(or whatever it might be for that server) and I still cant connect, this problem is with anything that has a router or firewall port I need to access. This is the error I get on Mirc.

DCC Chat session
Client: littlehuntertakescover (130.71.51.152)
Time: Sun Apr 04 17:42:47 2004
Acknowledging chat request...
DCC Chat connection established
DCC session closed
.:5·42·pm:. -littlehuntertakescover- Server Notice: This server is using an alternate server method, please make sure your DCC Server is active and set to port 59. /dccserver +sc on 59. This is a mIRC command.

Mind you this is not an isolated problem, I have it with every fserve with a firewall. I am not using a router. And I am not using a firewall. Can anyone help me. BTW I have Windows XP, and I've disabled the firewall. PLEASE HELP! Thanks Alot.

#77974 04/04/04 11:43 PM
M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
If you've typed the command and it still doesn't work, try /localinfo -u and re-do it. You might like to speak to the owner of the Fserve to try to resolve the issue.

Make sure you try all of the relevant suggestions in the 'Can't DCC Send' thread (where you also posted) and also run a Search for "dccserver" - lots and lots of threads have been made before about this issue, you might find answers there. Make sure you expand to 'All Forums' and 'All Posts' for best results.

Of course, this message is displayed from FServes meaning you're file sharing. Be careful who you download from, you could be being infected with a virus, you never know what you're downloading until you've ran it. It's a good idea to have 2-3 virus/trojan scanners running, with "auto protect" features enabled if they have it. A few suggestions can be found here.

Also, heed the warning in this thread:

"When you accept files from someone you dont know, there's a risk they contain a trojan, virus, or malicious program that can cause a lot of harm. No matter how good/current your antivirus software is, its no quarantee. These things are created nonstop, spread fast, and it takes time for AVs to be updated. Downloading copywrited material such as music and movies also have the same risks, but in addition its against the AUP (acceptable use policy) of some networks and providers and is illegal. When caught you will be subject to lawsuits and huge fines."

Happy chattin', good luck and stay safe! smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
#77975 05/04/04 09:04 AM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
i was going to suggest you check on dslreports forums for optimum online until i saw you already had. The problem could be on the fservs end. Wouldnt hurt to check in mIRC's options under view-->connect-->dcc--->server to be sure you in fact have dcc server enabled, and under other-->lock to see if you have fserv disabled.

i have no idea if your provider has some settings you could web into to check what they have set.

I do have to add a warning about downloading files from strangers... not very safe.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard