Print Thread
J
Johnsie Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
J
Hello Khaled,

I wanted to report a bug with mIRC 6.12 relating to local and global IRCX channels. As you most likely know, local IRCX channels are prefixed with "%&" and global IRCX channels prefixed with "%#". Both types of channels do not appear when /LISTX is issued in IRCX mode (user mode +x).

The server is running the Microsoft Exchange Chat Service 5.5.2653 (Service Pack 4) operating on Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition (loaded with the latest updates) ... and, of course, mIRC 6.12.

I performed the following tests to attempt to confirm that this is a bug:
-- I first tried /LIST, but I remembered that it's not going to return IRCX channels, even when in IRCX mode.
-- I tried /RAW LISTX and I received the same result.
-- I logged on to the server as an IRC administrator, since IRC administrators can 'read' all channel properties.
-- I reset the IRCX channels so the server would refresh them, just to be sure.
-- I restarted the Microsoft Exchange Chat Service to make sure it was not operating in error.
-- I tried mIRC 6.12 on my laptop running Windows XP Home Edition... no luck.
-- I tried ircle for the Macintosh and received IRCX output.
-- I logged in via telnet and passed raw commands directly to the server, both as a user and IRC administrator... I was able to view the channel list without problem.
-- I repeated my steps again since I had restarted the Microsoft Exchange Chat Service... same result.

And what are your feelings of modifying /LIST to perform /LISTX on networks that mIRC automatically detects to be IRCX systems?

If you feel compelled to remedy this bug and need further documentation, details, or an IRCX server to test on, please let me know.

Thank you,

John

T
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
T
alt+L
Hide non text channels checked?

Code:
//if ( khaled isgod ) echo yes | else echo no
J
Johnsie Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
J
Greetings,

Boy, do I feel like an idiot! I didn't even know mIRC had that option... sure enough, I turned that off and it worked. My apologies... I just realized how many list options there are.

theRat: Thank you!

Regards,

John

J
Johnsie Offline OP
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
J
Greetings again,

(Here I go replying to myself...)

I did try /LIST and it defaults to using /LISTX, so Khaled is already way way ahead of me there... everything is working fine.

Regards,

John

Link Copied to Clipboard