mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
K
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
K
--Moderators Please help--
Or, Someone who really knows their stuff... Thanks :-)
Okay, I have this problem, AT CERTAIN TIMES, Not at all times - I disconnect when I either: /dcc chat <nick> or /dcc send blah. This isn't happening EVERYTIME - But it happens. I looked it up on Google and it may be my Router, (Can Someone Back me up on this) I have Netgear WG311 I think...
I get this error:
* [10054] Connection reset by peer
-
* Disconnected
-
Anyhow, I was doing a virus scan and These too errors came up:
Virus Properties (1) Click Here
Virus Properties (2) Click Here
Virus Deletion:
Click Here
Virus Deletion:
Click Here
There's 4 Jpgs (ScreenShots) Of What I get so you get a better idea of whats going on...
Whether or not these trojans mess up my DCC, I Still want them gone...

Want to Link Servers? PM Me
- EliteIRC.dyndns.org -
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
If a virus scan is showing you have trojans, obviously your first step should be to get rid of them. In some cases you may have to do some further tweaking yourself, but that info is available in the details about the trojan involved on many reputable websites. If in doubt, try www.trendmicro.com and use their housecall scanner and check their info on exactly what is found.

As you can see on this thread and the link for more info on 10054, thats a hard to pin down error and happens to everyone. Only suggestion i have since you say it doesnt happen every time, is to see what port you have connected to the network's server on when it happens. Some netgear routers seem to get cranky when you use port 6667.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
K
Vogon poet
OP Offline
Vogon poet
K
Thanks Brat, According to a few friends, They send something about "Fowarding Ports" - Going to do the virus scan from Trendmicro, The only thing is from my virus scan they detected em', but can't delete it -- says they're in use, Have no clue how to fix that... though

Want to Link Servers? PM Me
- EliteIRC.dyndns.org -
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Make sure you dont have mIRC or other apps running when you do the scan. You can also check to see what processes are running (ctrl alt delete). Trendmicro's info base can give you details on removal of what they find. Cleaning out those trojans has to be first priority.

Since the problem doesnt always happen and you are able to dcc send/chat sometimes, that would pretty much eliminate port forwarding in router or ports blocked in a firewall as the source of the prob. I'm inclined to think its likely to be either the trojan you have or Netgear objecting to you connecting on port 6667. As i said, see if it only happens when you are using port 6667 (look at the top of your status window, it will show the port). In case you dont know, you can specify a port when you manually type the command to join a server, like /server dudly.do.right.com 6669 and you can also change the default server port in tools/options/connect/options. In the past, a lot of ppl using netgear have reported disconnects when they try to initiate a dcc if they are on port 6667. Netgear may have something hardcoded in for that port.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
P
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
P
Quote:
You can also check to see what processes are running (ctrl alt delete)

Just a quick addition to 'Brat's comment - some processes may be hidden, and thus not show up when you use ctrl-alt-delete - utilities like EndItAll, available from your favourite freebie/shareware download site, will let you see them (and kill them) without messing about on the command line/DOS prompt.

PM

IRCnet & DALnet @#travelersinn
:-: IRC for fun and relaxation :-:

Link Copied to Clipboard