Print Thread
#6035 11/01/03 01:34 AM
J
Jester2 Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
J
I've been wondering if or will mIRC be able to have desktop windows, so that I can put all my channels, messages, etc. on the desktop, BUT mIRC will be the only thing in the taskbar. For example, the channel #mIRC won't be listed as a taskbar button in the start bar. It would save on clutter if I wanted to make my mIRC all desktop with transparent windows on 2k/XP. It'd be a neat little feature, I think.

"Huh?"
#6036 11/01/03 02:18 AM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
Is this what you mean? in mIRC (version 6.03), file/options/display/windows.
from the help file for those options:

The desktop windows feature allows to you to make specific windows open as desktop windows, ie. outside of the main mIRC window. This means you can keep specific windows open on the desktop and keep mIRC minimized at the same time.

Hide minimized desktop windows
By default, minimized desktop windows appear as icons in your taskbar, turning this option on makes them minimize to mIRCs switchbar so they don't take up taskbar space.

And under display/options help on transparency:
Transparency
If you're running mIRC under 2K/XP, you can enable transparency for any mIRC windows that you place on the desktop.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
#6037 14/01/03 07:16 AM
J
Jester2 Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
J
Yup, that's what I want to do. It's fine when minimized. However, every time i have an open window, it's listed in the start switchbar. I kind of want an option that when the window is open, it isn't listed on the start switchbar. I hope that clarifies it a lil bit.

"Huh?"
#6038 14/01/03 12:47 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
And then how do you either maximise or select a different window without resizing them or moving them around?

#6039 24/01/03 05:52 AM
J
Jester2 Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
J
Sorry it took so long to respond, been busy.

Well if you wanted to switch windows, all you need to do is switch them from mIRC instead of the start bar. On the current version, you have desktop-ed channels located on both mIRC's and Window's bars. I just want the option of having them ONLY on mIRC's. That way the windows don't crowd up on the Windows start bar.

"Huh?"

Link Copied to Clipboard