mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
T
Thorin Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
T
I was wondering if it was possible to change the [email]ident@host[/email] from blah@somthing.com.au to the equivilent [email]blah@203.23.23.3432[/email] Some have the ISP others have the Virtual World masked IP addriess... I'm on Austnet and just wondering if you can force it to [email]blah@203.23.23.3432[/email]

N
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
N
You can do "/mode <Yournick> -v" which disables the vwXXX part, although if your hostname was found, your hostmark will then be 23.34.blah.net and not the IP

T
Thorin Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
T
yer i wana keep the virtual world part.. just want to eliminate the visibility of the ISP if it was possible... if not.. oh well lol

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
If the server is running DNS resolution then you can't force it to accept your IP address instead of a hostname. The combination of a hostname and address hashing/masking is to (help) protect you from hackers and DoS attacks. As Nimue said, you can [on some servers] unset the mode which masks your address but I think this is silly unless you have a very special reason for doing-so.

T
Thorin Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
T
Sounds like it cant be done. You dont need to turn of vitual world. the ip address will be xxx.xxx.xxx.YYYYYY... the YYYYY denote the Virtual world part of the IP Address... but yer.. sounds like i cant force it not to Reverse DNS it. Reason being is that a particular user keeps abusing a friend of mine cos they keep thinking that they are about 50 ppl on 3 isp's.. this user wants to mask thier ISP part. but again.. sound slike it cant be done smile

Link Copied to Clipboard