mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
D
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
D
okay i always join irc.axenet.org my freind told me to go to a channel #xdcc and i got banned and now i cant get on that server anymore i need to because its a server for yugioh an di play it if anyone can help tell me

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
E-mail kline@axenet.org with your nick, hostname, etc. and ask why you were banned.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Before emailing, read the kill reason, there will usually be a reason shown as to why you were banned and if so a reply to an email enquiry won't shed any new light on the subject.

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Having been a former staff member of Axenet, I can tell you that Axenet no longer allows file sharing channels, channels such as #xdcc have been closed and will NOT be coming back. If you join such a channel, you will be temporarily banned from the network for I believe it is 24 hours.

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Seems a bit much to ban someone from a network simply for joining the channel doesn't it?

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
I agree. A better and more customer-friendly way would be to just block the channel name. Either that or just register then lock the channel if names can't be banned.

C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Yes, however the network's policy is they don't want "customers" who are interested in filesharing.

P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
ty for the info smile

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard