Print Thread
#39589 04/08/03 06:47 AM
B
brianb Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
B
I have mIRC installed in the default folder(C:\program files\mIRC) and everything works ok in that folder. I have installed mIRC into a couple of different other folders experimenting as to why it won't work in any other instance or folder. It will only connect to servers if I use the mirc from c:\program files\mirc.

I'm trying to experiment with some scripts and I'm not the only one using this computer/mIRC so I don't want to overwrite the basic mIRC, but instead install 2 different ones. One for me(with scripts and addons) and leave a seperate one for others.

The error is "Connection Refused" from ANY Server. I have copied the working folder(c:\program files\mIRC) and pasted it to just C:\mirc and it doens't work. I've tried installing again into a different folder.. that doesn't work either.

Any help with this weird matter would be greatly appreciated.

#39590 05/08/03 01:40 AM
B
brianb Offline OP
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
B
Someone help?

#39591 06/08/03 05:13 AM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
I have several different mIRC's floating about my puter without any probs, i just rename everything when i copy them to a different folder (like mIRCtesting). (side note: and of course never install one while you have another one running) Have you compared all the connect options between the two? Assuming you have connected with the "main" mIRC, disconnected and immediately tried the same server with the "secondary" mIRC, odds of several servers on diff ports all being suddenly full and refusing are slim. Are the servers all on the same network?

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet

Link Copied to Clipboard