mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#32725 03/07/03 07:58 AM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
One of the down sides of IRC is that ppl you are used to seeing can suddenly go amongst the missing and leave others wondering if they are ok and whats going on. In many cases, we cant do anything to find the answer to our concerns. are they just busy elsewhere? taking a break? puter down? gotten overrun with IRL? sucked into gameland? (i know several ppl i would like to kidnap and slap in a D2 addiction recovery clinic so i can see them again on a regular basis mad) IRL its kinda hard to disappear totally off the face of the earth, but the nature of IRC makes that all too easy to do, as we all know.

While i can appreciate your concern, i cant suggest anything but the obvious (which you already know). As a moderator, i dont think it would be right for me to send anyone an email if they didnt put an email addy for the world to see. To me, that would be an invasion of their privacy, even tho done with the best of intentions. Just as with the email list ppl sign up on to get notice of new releases, we would not use that list for anything else, only to notify of new releases.

Someone may have already passed your concerns along to her, but not be at liberty to comment. All we can do is hope she is ok and comes back soon.

ParaBrat @#mIRCAide DALnet
#32726 07/08/03 07:25 AM
Raccoon Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
Oh well. It's been 2 months today, and Nimue is still MIA. I guess it's time to call off the search party and retire my avatar.

I really hate it when people disappear like this, without warning or even a hint of reason... suggesting bad things must have happened. For this reason I am putting all my effort back into a webproject I started a while ago, idied.com, a site which will allow those who have passed away to send emails from beyond the grave. (which is all I'm going to say about it here)

I can only hope I am wrong, and egerly await the next release of mIRC to see if she pops up again. Until then.

- Raccoon

Well. At least I won lunch.
Good philosophy, see good in bad, I like!
#32727 07/08/03 07:42 AM
P
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
P
her avatar now being an x isnt a good sign either frown

Last edited by pheonix; 07/08/03 09:37 AM.

new username: tidy_trax
#32728 08/08/03 04:32 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
People leave for a variety of reasons, it doesn't mean they've died. Look at Hammer, he left and then came back. That's not to say all will come back. I've done this myself - I just vanished (off the net, not in real life) and decided after a few months to make my presence felt again. In Australia it's called 'going walkabout'. People suddenly do something else because they can, no need for a reason. Some liked the idea that I came back and some didn't - ahhh well, ya get that at times. grin

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard