Print Thread
#28169 04/06/03 09:54 PM
K
keeker Offline OP
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
K
Does ANYone know of a script/DLL that will read and display the ogg information? like $sound(filename.mp3).artist does for mp3's but for oggs.

keek: Scots - intr.v. keeked, keekĀ·ing, keeks
To peek; peep.
#28170 04/06/03 11:52 PM
C
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
C
i've never even as much as hurd of an ogg file

sorry

i'd imagin it could be read manualy the way they used to get the data from the id3 tags of mp3's with $bread .. u'd just have to figure out where it was at

Cobra^

#28171 05/06/03 12:00 AM
L
Ameglian cow
Ameglian cow
L
there is a script (prolly on mircscripts.org) that works with winamp so you can play ogg files I dunno if that helps but you could look on the site for something about it anyway

#28172 05/06/03 12:06 AM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
I just did some searching, and I really can't find anything that documents how exactly the ogg vorbis comment system (thats what they call the ID3 type stuff) works. However, I did find a little C program that allows accessing the tags, so if no one already has a dll that does this, I could probably make a DLL that can read the comments from the file by basically wrapping around their functions. But if someone already knows of a dll to do this, then just let me know so I don't waste my time.

#28173 05/06/03 09:32 PM
C
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
C
Ok got the dll working, seems to work fine in my tests. Also included is a little alias $oggcomment.

$oggcomment(filename).info ie:
$oggcomment(mysong.ogg).artist

The ".info" part, the dll will accept anything, meaning whatever tags are in the .ogg file, the dll will let you access. I really don't know if there are standardized names but the ones I've tested:
artist, title, album, tracknumber,genre,date but it seems some .ogg files use different names for things, like I have one that has encoded_using, another that has encodedby. I guess just play around with it.

Anyway to get it: www.codemastr.com/ogg.zip, source www.codemastr.com/ogg-src.zip. And a note to anyone who gets the source, it requires libogg and libvorbis to work.

Hope that helps smile

Link Copied to Clipboard