Print Thread
G
Gewisch Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
G
Hi!

There is this channel which I need to be present in to be able to use certain bot commands, but the bots are spamming the channel with hundreds of lines more or less every second so I would like to be present in the channel but not receive anything. In irssi I can use /ignore #channelname but this doesn't seem to work in mIRC. Is there any built-in feature to accomplish this or do I have to write a script?

Cheers!

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
option #1:
you'll want to look at the following events:

on action
on ban
on dehelp
on deop
on devoice
on op
on voice
on help
on join
on mode
on notice
on part
on quit
on servermode
on serverop
on text
on unban

as well as Halting Default Text. All of this can be found in mirc's help file. If you find another type of message, look for an event that triggers it in mirc. If not, you can always ask on this forum how to halt specific text from showing in your specific #channelname.

Option #2:
Open a second instance of mirc and set the color scheme different from your main mirc, and have it only show your text in channels by color coding everything else as the same colors as your background. If you do this, you'll need a completely separate copy on your hard drive (because you can only have one active color scheme that I am aware of). While this wont disable those messages, it will hide them. Depending on your level of scripting, this might be easier. The problem with this is if you only have one nickname on that network, you can't use it in both mircs at the same time, so may need to have another nickname added to the bot's list of authorized users.

If I missed anything, or stated something incorrectly, forgive me, and Im sure others will correct my missteps.

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it
W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
The most effective way to do it is to use the on parseline event to filter specific incoming channel messages and use /parseline to delete those messages, making successive events like on text not triggering, as though the messages were never sent from the server

Last edited by Wims; 20/09/23 02:17 PM.

#mircscripting @ irc.swiftirc.net == the best mIRC help channel
W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
Here is a code that stops all 'normal' privmsg to a given channel, just replace your channel and network name:
on $*:parseline:in:/privmsg #channel/i:if ($network == network) .parseline -it
This can be easily edited to handle more messages if you need to.

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
I knew somebody would correct me, and also why I posted my disclaimer.

Those who fail history are doomed to repeat it
W
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
W
Well it looks like someone might correct me as well as I realised that the current regex pattern will incorrectly match for some messages as "privmsg #channel" can appear anywhere in a topic, ctcp etc, I might update the script later.

Link Copied to Clipboard