Print Thread
#24355 15/05/03 04:14 PM
C
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
C
Hey folks.

I've had this problem since yesterday and it frankly bugs me, not because of what it does, but because i don't understand why it does it. Here's the story...

I have one miRC installed on my Z:\ drive, and another one on my desktop for coding/testing purposes (C:\). The other day, i went to play Vice City and i left miRC open, like i always do. Vice City froze, and i had to restart my computer the hard way, via the reset button. Then i relogin and continue to play. Once i'm done, i go back to miRC and - surprise! - i can't receive any private messages or send DCC chats. I can send private messages via /msg and /query, but i can't receive any. And i assure you all that my modes allow me to do so, i even tried to unset them all to no avail. I tried to /remote off - didn't work. I tried to use the other copy of miRC i have, that didn't work either. I even downloaded a fresh copy of miRC, installed it on ANOTHER drive (F:\) and tried without loading any scripts - still didn't work.

I tried pretty much everything that i could think of, anyone has a suggestion or a solution?

- cF
Dedicated helper for rent.
C
Fjord artisan
OP Offline
Fjord artisan
C
Well after cleaning the registry of everything that had 'mirc' in it, it worked. Thanks to Cobra smile

- cF
Dedicated helper for rent.

Link Copied to Clipboard