mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
L
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
L
I've seen myself disconnecting lately from all of my (ssl) servers and I believe I know the culprit.

I have a script that periodically opens sockets with ssl, just now I received a popup that the certificate changed and after hitting 'cancel' to disallow the connection I was disconnected from all of my servers. I believe this has been happening while I wasn't looking, and after this prompt times out I am disconnected as well.

I also noticed that trying to connect with ssl to an invalid server/port will also disconnect all servers. This I am able to reproduce, I would guess it's somewhat related to the first issue.

Code:
/sockopen -e test google.com 80

I'm running Windows 8 and don't remember installing the libraries myself - maybe they're included already?

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Thanks for reporting this issue. It was due to mIRC performing SSL error checking in a way that was not quite right, mainly due to the OpenSSL documentation being a little ambiguous. I found reports by other developers experiencing the same issue and have implemented a solution. Note that the issue is actually present in previous versions of mIRC but manifested itself more reliably in v7.31 due to the optimized SSL routines and extra error checking. The issue has been fixed for the next version.

Link Copied to Clipboard