mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#230565 14/03/11 04:45 PM
F
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
F
Would be nice if there was a way to tell if a specified window has a side listbox(/window -lN) or not.

I suggest an added prop of .lbstate to $window() which returns the number of characters wide the listbox is, or null if there is no side listbox

I am SReject
My Stuff
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Certainly would be handy. I could swear there was already a way to do that but I can't see it.

Not that this affects the validity of your suggestion, but if you just need to know if a window has a side-listbox or not you can use something like:
Code:
alias has_side_listbox return $iif($window($1).type == custom && $line($1, 0, 1) !== $null, $true, $false)

Of course that's far from an obvious and convenient way to get that information and it still doesn't provide the actual width of the listbox so a $window() property would be very useful.

Spelling mistakes, grammatical errors, and stupid comments are intentional.
Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
An even less obvious/convenient way of getting the listbox char width is the following:
Code:
sidelbw {
  var %@ = @test $+ $ticks, %f = $window($1).font, %fs = $window($1).fontsize, %cw = $width(A,%f,%fs)
  window -fhl1 %@ -1 -1 $window($1).dw 100 $qt(%f) %fs
  var %w = $window(%@).w
  close -@ %@
  return $int($calc(($window($1).w - %w) / %cw + 1))
}
Usage: $sidelbw(@window)

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com
J
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
J
there's the qwerty that i remember ;P marvelous idea!

unfortunately though, variable-width fonts pose a bit of a problem. for example:

Code:
//window -hl15 @a Arial 12 | echo -a $sidelbw(@a) | close -@ @a

produces '12' :S with that font/size, the width of the side listbox is 11px for a character width of 1 and increases by 3px and 11px alternately as the char width increases by one. an average of 7px whereas the width of 'A' is 8px.

a binary search with /window -l would be the easy way out :P

or if it's true in general that the difference between the listbox widths for -lN and -l(N+2) is constant for every font/size, we could go with:

Code:
alias sidelbw_ {
  if ($window($1).fontsize) {
    var %@ = @test $+ $ticks, %@2 = %@ $+ 2, %@3 = %@ $+ 3, %f = $qt($window($1).font), %fs = $v1

window -fhl1 %@ %f %fs
    window -fhl3 %@2 %f %fs
    window -fhl1 %@3 -1 -1 100 100 FixedSys 9 

var %cw = $window(%@).dw - $window(%@2).dw, %sb = $window(%@3).w - 108, %w = $window($1).w
    close -@ %@ %@2 %@3

return $int($calc(2 * (%w - $window($1).dw - %sb) / %cw $iif($window($1).type == channel, - 2)))
  }
}

(added that bit of the end since channel listbox measurements appeared off by 2)

the first two windows are to calculate that constant difference mentioned before, the third window is to help calculate scrollbar width. perhaps there's an elegant way to calc that implicitly but considering that the first character could be variable width was doing my head in :P

edit: ok improved

Code:
alias sidelbw_ {
  if ($window($1).fontsize) {
    var %@ = @test $+ $ticks, %@2 = %@ $+ 2, %f = $qt($window($1).font), %fs = $v1, %w = $window($1).dw

window -dfhl2 %@ -1 -1 %w 0 %f %fs
    window -dfhl4 %@2 -1 -1 %w 0 %f %fs

var %w = $window(%@).w, %cw = $window(%@2).w - %w
    close -@ %@ %@2

return $int($calc(2 * ($window($1).w - %w) / %cw $iif($window($1).type != channel, + 2)))
  }
}

Last edited by jaytea; 15/03/11 10:53 AM.

"The only excuse for making a useless script is that one admires it intensely" - Oscar Wilde
Q
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Q
Nice smile I thought there might be issues with variable-width fonts but assumed that mIRC would size the side listbox as N*<max char width>. I know <max char width> is problematic with Unicode double-width chars and whatnot and was hoping it would be defined as the "widest latin char", and that "A" would do. All wrong assumptions that I was too lazy to test...

/.timerQ 1 0 echo /.timerQ 1 0 $timer(Q).com

Link Copied to Clipboard