mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
F
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
F
When i start mirc the first time in the morning after i boot my computer and types in any message containing either chars åäö, this seems to hang my mirc for a few seconds, and only on the first message that contains any of the åäö in it.

I have UTF8 dispaly and encode in all windows
font linking is enabled
multibyte textbox and display enabled
SJIS/JIS conversion disabled
UTF-8 display enabled
ANSI codes enabled

using the latest version of mIRC under vista 64-bit,
this seems to have have heppend after i enabled UTF8 settinfs in fonts.

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
This is quite normal. Your font probably doesn't have the "åäö" characters. With font linking enabled, mIRC is searching through your fonts for those characters from another font that can be used instead. It hangs the first time while it searches through the list.

You can either use a font that properly supports unicode or disable font linking. Disabling font linking will mean you won't see the characters, though.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
F
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
F
Originally Posted By: argv0
This is quite normal. Your font probably doesn't have the "åäö" characters. With font linking enabled, mIRC is searching through your fonts for those characters from another font that can be used instead. It hangs the first time while it searches through the list.

You can either use a font that properly supports unicode or disable font linking. Disabling font linking will mean you won't see the characters, though.

Okey, that makes sense, can you recommend one that does support UTF-8 with åäö? im currently using courier new.

A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
F
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
F

Link Copied to Clipboard