Print Thread
R
Rrruff Offline OP
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
R
Hello,

I have been using mIRC for quite sometime; however, ever since the new update, I have been having some problems with IRC.

My Perform box has some commands to join channels upon startup... I always get a "Not Responding" error on IRC when it goes to start joining channels. However, it will start responding if I wait long enough and it will join the first channel, then not respond again... I wait it out and it will join the second channel and not respond again.

Thing is, I've noticed that the channels I am joining is popping up on the "desktop" .. so I have to right click the channel that is on my desktop and uncheck "Desktop" to get it back in the window. I have not found an option to just keep it in the window.

I think my problem will be fixed if I can manage to get the windows to pop up within IRC (the Desktop option not checked) and not on the desktop. Does anyone know where this option is a so I can fix it upon the channels booting up? Or has anyone else have this problem?

Thanks

Rrruff

Pikka bird
Pikka bird
Originally Posted By: Rrruff
I think my problem will be fixed if I can manage to get the windows to pop up within IRC (the Desktop option not checked) and not on the desktop. Does anyone know where this option is a so I can fix it upon the channels booting up?

Try... mIRC Options > Display > Options > Windows... ensure all boxes are unchecked

Originally Posted By: Rrruff
Or has anyone else have this problem?

I haven't seen this in my Vista. In fact, I found the installation on Vista pretty easy. I dropped in the mirc.ini from my old XP machine and it worked like a dream.

=Z=

Link Copied to Clipboard