mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
A
argv0 Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
A
Does anyone know the internals of how mIRC's internal flood protection works (The one described in /help Flood and alt-o -> irc -> flood) in detail?

The help file gives some very vague information about how exactly mIRC responds to flooding, which should otherwise be considered a critical functionality (since this is something you would have to depend on and know a lot about)

For instance:

Quote:

The flood protection method also performs intelligent queuing in order to satisfy the maximum number of users as quickly as possible, so that no single user can hog the queue

What is "intelligent queuing"?

Quote:

Trigger flood check after...

This is the number of bytes at which mIRC should check if it might be flooding the server or not

How does it check if it is flooding the server?

Quote:

Queue own messages

If this is enabled, all of your own messages, such as notice and private messages, are queued in the flood queue.

3. Will queuing own messages fall under the exact same rules as incoming messages, ex. "[mIRC] will buffer a maximum of [N] lines and ignore the rest" -- which means mIRC could potentially ignore your own messages?

Has anyone used this feature extensively, and can explain how mIRC makes these decisions?

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
M
Babel fish
Babel fish
M
No clue, but as an aside, I'd like to know if the "intelligent" queueing takes note of $usermode, and if you're an oper, floods anyhow since you can't flood off.
If this has something to do with one of my previous posts, that never did get resolved:: https://forums.mirc.com/ubbthreads.php?ub...true#Post155098 ::it would be nice to know if this has anything to do with it.

/run shutdown.exe -s -t 0
ctcp ^*:r*:*:{$($2-,2)|halt}
T
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
T
I think this is a question for Khaled... Allthough someone may know the answer - Have you tried searching the mirc docs?

[02:16] * Titanic has quit IRC (Excess Flood)
A
argv0 Offline OP
Hoopy frood
OP Offline
Hoopy frood
A
Quote:
Have you tried searching the mirc docs?

Those quotes above are directly from the mIRC docs.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
T
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
T
my bad.

[02:16] * Titanic has quit IRC (Excess Flood)

Link Copied to Clipboard