mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
T
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
T
My problem is that I am not able to resume a send. It seems that sending out a file is no problem, but resuming a file does not work.

This is the error:
"DCC Resume from xxx rejected (invalid parameters)"

The problem occured when I changed an old router to a newer, wireless Netgear WGR614v6. I saved the settings on my old router and inserted them into the new router; everything should be as before. I believe the router is correcly set up, which leads me to believe it might be an issue with mirc. I have no other problems with sending or resuming, be it via ftp or p2p.

I did a lot of searching on here and other places, with no luck.

I really hope that you are able to help me out, oh and yeah - I've also configured my mirc settings by head and various guides. No go there either.

Thanks in advance

I truly g

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
The router is enabled (which u cant turn off hardy har har at you from linksys!) with a feature designed to allow you to send files from mirc WITHOUT ports forwarded, this is a NAPT translation of the port you ment to DCC on to a port the router actually intends to use to send, the change of port occurs when you send the port info to the irc server (and onto the reciever) the router intercepts it on the way out, changes it to a new port it decideds is free and remebers what LAN IP you are at, so when a sender contacts your router to make the dcc p2p linkup on that port the router has used, it knows to send this onto your LAN IP at the original port value. This all works fine for dcc chats/dcc fservs/dcc sends but falls on its face with dcc resumes, basicly becuase the reciever sends you a message asking for a resume at some point in the file, they key part of his message to allow mirc to match it to which send your putting out is the port number, and unfortunitly it has the one the router said not the one mirc said, thus your error "DCC Resume from xxx rejected (invalid parameters)". mirc just doesnt know of any send of this port so rejects it.
ex:
Your Mirc -> "DCC SEND "FILENAME" <IP> <PORT(1234)> <FILESIZE>" -> router -> "DCC SEND "FILENAME" <IP> <PORT(56789)> <FILESIZE>" -> irc server -> reciever
Reicever -> "DCC RESUME "FILENAME" <PORT(56789)> <POSITION>" -> irc server -> router -> Your Mirc -> "DCC Resume from xxx rejected (invalid parameters)" (bad port number 56789)

* the problem is the router does not adjust the inbound resume message from the reciever to reflect the orginal port value.

That all being said, simplest solution is to change off 6667 as your IRC SERVER connect port. Try using 6669. The reason for this being the solution is, that the special adjusting of dcc port values coming out of mirc towards the irc server (and onto the reciever) is only intercepted and adjusted on port 6667. use any other port and it well be sent un changed.
YOU WELL HOWEVER have to have setup portforwarding to your LAN IP for the dcc port range of the mirc, I assume your understand this concept already as it appears you had this previously going.

T
Bowl of petunias
OP Offline
Bowl of petunias
T
I tried mixing up the ports as you suggested, with no result.

Any other ideas on hand?

Last edited by thomas87; 28/10/06 03:41 PM.
B
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
B
could be a problem with the client you are receiving from, resume is a mirc and compatible extension to the dcc protocol....

http://www.mirc.co.uk/help/dccresum.txt

btk

billythekid
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
ok, connect to a IRC server, do not join any channels

type /debug @debug
type //dcc send $me
then select a file and send it to yourself (should this not connect then type /LOCALINFO -h and repeat the send)

when the file is sending observe the DCC SEND message sent from the client and recieved back to the client in the @debug window
DID the port value remain the same?

Next, attempt a resume on a file, by sending your self 1/2 of it, then stopping it and then resuming it
DID it reject, and if so what changed in the dcc resume message you sent to the one you recieved (recieved back from yourself)

S
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
S
Hello, I'm having the same problem. I can DCC Send and chat fine, but I can't initiate a resume. I tried changing my port from 6667 to 6669 and it still didn't work. Then I tried the next step, uh...sending a file to myself, and I'm not sure where it would say the port #, but I compared all the #'s in the send and receive line and they were all the same. Then I tried sending 1/2 and resuming it and all the numbers were the same again. Oh and it resumed successfully. So does anyone have any ideas as to what's wrong? I just got DSL a couple weeks ago so I'm not sure about the whole port forwarding thing.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Various routers do not allow resuming sends because the internal port is not the same as the external port, so when the router receives a resume request on a specific port, it gets confused because the ports don't match. I know that is a horrible description of what happens, but I don't really know a lot about it other than it's a NAT thing. The easiest option would be to just get a different router that does not have that problem. Of course, that costs money. The other solution is to not use mIRC for sending files. There are much better solutions for sending files than mIRC. mIRC is for chatting.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
F
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
F
Actually managed now to fix maybe an issue.. Damn, I fighted with Zyxel Prestige 660HW-D1 and 650 and some linksys 3 hours.. before understanded that this has something to do with socks level issue.

anyhow I hope this helps at least some (tested on Mirc v6.16, v6.20 & v6.21 and yeah also tested with UPP as some are boiling in their forums it would be their fault..;P):
Router settings:
(ports can be anything above 1024)
forward to NAT '16100-16130' & Firewall: WAN to LAN & LAN to WAN: '16100-16130' and used http://www.myip.dk/ to get my external IP/WAN IP

Mirc settings:
Select Server... > options > Advanced...:
Check DCC & Other > add ports you forwarded to first and last -1 (like I did first was 16100 last was 16129)
Check bind sockets to IP Address & add your WAN/External IP to the box.

DCC > Server > Check Enable DCC Server > Listen on port (Last one you forwarded) on my case 16130
and check Chat & Send > OK..

[edit]

Well, this is odd the port thing mentioned earlier seems to have something to do with this after all, if I set the server port yeah to 6667 it doesn't work again.. Only 6668-6669,7000 ports connecting to server seems to actually work with me.

About the changing port seems when DCC server is setupped to Chat & send as said apove that port never changes, if it's not forwarded and setup it changes like according to network. in efnet 11031 in undernet 10931 and so on and no matter how many times you connect on those networks or anywhere I tryied it's always same switch unless the dcc server is set when it keeps it to the DCC server port.. Hmm.. Thinking what could be permanent solution swicthing bunch of routers and buying heavily costing routers can't be the answer for software flop up..

Last edited by FlameStrike; 10/02/07 09:09 AM.
O
Mostly harmless
Mostly harmless
O
hello,

i have searched the web for an answer to why i can dcc send but not resume getting the error "DCC Resume from xxx rejected (invalid parameters)"
it was driving me crazy. i tried all the suggestions that i saw. i finally fixed my problem and hopefully i can help someone else. i assume upgrading my firmware cause this problem but not really sure. anyway i reset my router and after configuring it again everything works fine. hope this helps

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
Thanks for the additional input and suggestion.
As you noted, upgrades are not always the best thing to do, so it's usually a good idea to keep an older version available (just in case).

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Originally Posted By: outthere
hello,

i have searched the web for an answer to why i can dcc send but not resume getting the error "DCC Resume from xxx rejected (invalid parameters)"
it was driving me crazy. i tried all the suggestions that i saw. i finally fixed my problem and hopefully i can help someone else. i assume upgrading my firmware cause this problem but not really sure. anyway i reset my router and after configuring it again everything works fine. hope this helps

What you describe is a NAT issue with various routers. So resetting it and redoing the settings would help as long as you're setting it up correctly to deal with the NAT resume issue.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net

Link Copied to Clipboard