mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
C
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
C
i would like to know how i could send information grabbed from an irc server straight to a webpage... example

/lusers

10 users currently on

how would i send the value of whatever to a web page if you could tell me how this could be done if it can ve done i would appreciate it. thanks

"watch the news today, so you don't have to watch the history channel tomorrow."
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
My knowledge of that area is limited, but I can tell you this much.
/help sockets

D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
Quote:
i would like to know how i could send information grabbed from an irc server straight to a webpage... example
/lusers
10 users currently on
how would i send the value of whatever to a web page if you could tell me how this could be done if it can ve done i would appreciate it. thanks

each and every web page well be different, but most (not all) can simply have the intended fields filled in and passed
An example would be https://forums.mirc.com/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=161890&an=0&page=0&gonew=1#UNREAD
https://forums.mirc.com/showflat.php is the webpage
? is the token seperator between page and fields
Cat=0&Number=161890&an=0&page=0&gonew=1#UNREAD are the fields ..
.. Cat=0
.. Number=161890
.. an=0
.. page=0
.. gonew=1#UNREAD

So you dont really download the page and fill out the details, you just need to know what webpage to submit the details aleady filled into there fileds back to.

Since you didnt say what website/page it was, this is a broard help only.

PS: Russels is very correct that u need to use sockets for it. I was more trying to help with the common method of passing the data back to the site.

B
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
B
Might want to take a look at mirc stats for things like this. It reads logs of your channel and does a full page readout thing....

see here for my example.

You can customise it to your needs(much more in the paid version) and it has built in ftp. I have a small scriptlet in my remotes on 1:text:!wpstats:#chan:{run mircstats.exe} so that anyone in channel can activate it(it runs in the tray so I dont notice it).

I would love to have my own sockets script to do all this but i just wouldnt know where to begin, i have enough trouble just reading a page never mind writing to a socket! lol

reading over this post i look like such a spammer but I assure you its all for advice only!! hehe

btk shocked

billythekid
C
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
C
thank all of you fro your help... i should have thought about sending the information through a link.. so stupid of me. thank you once again.

"watch the news today, so you don't have to watch the history channel tomorrow."

Link Copied to Clipboard