Print Thread
#151516 18/06/06 03:33 PM
G
Gremel Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
G
I am trying to bring life into a channel, awarding points or something to people who frequent it enough. Just wondering if I could get help writing some sort of script that would record the time they joined, quit, amount of time spent idle, etc.

Or if you know of some other way to promote chanel activity, I would be glad to hear suggestions.

#151517 18/06/06 05:03 PM
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
There are a number of scripts that already do this. Try checking Hawkee and/or mIRC.Net with a search for Statistics.

For promotional purposes, you might want to think about registering the room with Search IRC

If you are unable to find a script that you like on one of those sites (or a site that has a link from those sites), let me know and I'll see what I can do after Tuesday when my DSL is scheduiled to be back up & running.

#151518 18/06/06 08:13 PM
G
Gremel Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
G
Well I am not really trying to promote people from the net to join. The channel is for a website RPG I play at, Santharia. But recently the channel has been dying down, people joining and just idling.

So I am trying to make a point/rank system that awards people for activty and not idling. Also, if at all possible, a web based script. I know this is for script just for mIRC, but I am hoping to get a web based script due to my ability not to leave a computer on constantly to run a bot.

So if there was any way this could be down by use of a webpage result page or something, it woud be best.

#151519 18/06/06 10:19 PM
R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
That's getting out of my area of knowledge. If you'd like something like that written for you, I'm going to recommend that you make a posting at PHP Snippet Requests (Hawkee.com) . If your website uses Ruby or TCL rather than PHP, click through the links to get to the appropriate Snippet Request section.

Link Copied to Clipboard