mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
S
Hello All,
I'm hoping somebody can help me out. I'm a newbie at mIRC and trying to avoid getting banned from a channel by following their rules.

One rule is not to enter ctcp commands in the Channel window. I've been using the status window instead.
But is there somewhere else I should be entering my commands?

If I connect to a file server, initiate a download and for whatever reason it fails I get the message displayed in the Channel window. I'm wondering, does everyone get to see this message?

If so, is there any way I can avoid having those messages dumped into the Channel window?

Basically I want to avoid cluttering the Channel window with the 'details' of what I'm downloading, etc.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards to all

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
click_here
and read the topic

IceCapped
D
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
D
if u enter a command correctly such as a /ctcp command then it wont show up in the channel, when entering commands almost any window means exactly the same thing, the command is processed in exactly the same way, the only diffenece would be in what windows entered text scroll back buffer the command is left in (up arrow buffer)

D
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
D
Quote:
One rule is not to enter ctcp commands in the Channel window. I've been using the status window instead.
But is there somewhere else I should be entering my commands?

I think what the room rule actually is, is not to CTCP the room, ex:
/ctcp #channel version
or
/ctcp #channel ping

they probably don't want their users to ping out from trying to reply

the commands within mIRC can be used in any window, as long as they're entered correctly; mIRC processes the / as a command, and does the command, rather than messaging the room.
(NOTE: not all mIRC scripts are set up for / as the prefixed command)

Link Copied to Clipboard