mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
M
mattp14 Offline OP
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
M
My suggetion is to have an option in the options dialog that will enable/disable the display of mIRC taskbar buttons (not system tray icon - i know this can be disabled).

My reasoning is this: i've got multiple monitors, and I leave mIRC open on one of them quite often. I can even see myself and others leaving multiple channels open. The problem is all those mIRC windows take up precious space in my taskbar, when most of the time all i want to do is monitor a channel. It would be quite helpful if there was an option for any mIRC window on the desktop, maybe just a menu item, to hide it from the taskbar.

Thanks,
-Matt

Sat Offline
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Windows doesn't allow applications to do this without causing major side-effects, so I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you..

Saturn, QuakeNet staff
M
mattp14 Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I beg to differ. Visual Studio .NET provides a very simple way of hiding or showing it at will. Granted mIRC is not written in .NET, but all the .NET Framework does for you is provide some wrappers for API calls (for the most part).

My point is that if the .NET Framework can do it, it shouldn't be that hard to implement in other programs that don't use the Framework (should just be some api calls).

Link Copied to Clipboard