mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
G
Gremel Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
G
Currently I am downloaded the WMIP plugin for WinAmp. I am having problems with a feature of it that allows you to use a hotkey to show the current song. Problem is it will only show the right song thefirst time. But if I set it up so it shows the song everytime it changes, the hotkey works as well. But as soon as I disable the auto thing, the hotkey doesn't work anymore.

I am looking for either someone to help with it, or a script that will message the song I am playing in WinAmp when I press F12.

And if possible, if given a script, could it be done so that it checks weather I am using WinAmp or Windows Media Player and then post the song which is being played currently?

I want it to come out /me is now playing title by artist

Is this possible?

G
Gremel Offline OP
Babel fish
OP Offline
Babel fish
G
Got the actual WMIP thig to work, though perhaps not the way it is suppose to work, but it does. Stil, if anyone knows of a smaller script then a full featured thing like WMIP that would do what I asked above, I would be greatly thankful.

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
you could use mIRC's internal mp3 player
Code:
alias mp3 { dialog -dm mp3 mp3 }

dialog MP3 {
  Title MP3 Static
  size -1 -1 200 75
  option dbu
  list 1, 0 0 200 50, sort
  button "PLAY", 900, 75 55 50 10
}
on *:dialog:mp3:init:0:{
  var %null = $findfile($mp3dir,*.mp3,0, did -a mp3 1 $nopath($1-))
}
on *:dialog:mp3:sclick:900:{ splay $did(mp3,1).seltext | msg $active I am enjoying this music: $did(mp3,1).seltext }

this code is setup to look in the default mIRC mp3 folder
if you do not keep your mp3 there reset the findfile, however then in the play part (sclick 900) you will need the path to be added back in to the file name, and may need to use "around" the files with spaces in them.
that is a very VERY basic, functional player that tells everyone what you are listening to, without sending a ctcp sound so they might share the joy with you.

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
even more
Code:
/mp3 {
  %soundfile = $sfile($mp3dir*) 
  splay %soundfile 
  var %songtitle = Title $sound(%soundfile).title
  var %songartist = Artist $sound(%soundfile).artist 
  msg $active My Ears Hear: %songtitle by %songartist
}

that would go in aliases

one thing about that is that you have to have your ID3 tags input or you will get
my ears hear: by
<shrug>

Link Copied to Clipboard