Print Thread
G
Gwion Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
G
Hi,

I am still trying to get this working. It should count how often a user violates the rule, message him at the first violation, ban-msg at the second and ban-kick at the third.
The problem with it is that at the first violation the user gets the warning message _and_ the ban. I want to make it that he gets only a message at the first violation and action is taken only at the second or third one.

on @*:TEXT:*:#mytest: {
if ($len($1-) < 5) || ($nick isop #) return
var %text = $strip($remove($1-,$chr(32)))
var %non.caps = $len($removecs(%text,A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Y,Z))
; %non.caps counts number of non-caps - note how it uses $removeCS (Case SenSiTiVE)
var %full.line = $len($strip($remove(%text,$chr(32))))
; %full.line counts total length of line (with spaces removed)
var %percent = $calc(1 - (%non.caps / %full.line))
;This %percent is set to how much of the text is actually caps.
if (%percent >= 0.6) {
;This if statement checks the percent of text that is caps,
set -u60 %rl. [ $+ [ $address($nick,2) ] ] $calc( %rl. [ $+ [ $address($nick,2) ] ] + 1)
;the -u60 makes the variable unset after 30s without being used-for testing its 60 s
if (%rl. [ $+ [ $address($nick,2) ] ] == 1) msg $chan $nick Text contained $calc(%percent * 100) percent caps. 1. Warning
if (%rl. [ $+ [ $address($nick,2) ] ] == 2) ban -u30 # $nick 11
msg $chan $nick Text containedt $calc(%percent * 100) percent caps. Ban for 30 secs, last warning
if (%rl. [ $+ [ $address($nick,2) ] ] == 3) {
ban -u30 # $nick 11
msg $chan $nick Text contained $calc(%percent * 100) percent caps. That's it.
kick # $nick You were warned.
}
}

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Gwion

R
Pikka bird
Pikka bird
R

J
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
J
Try putting {}'s around your IF statement's commands.
Code:
on @*:TEXT:*:#mirc: {
  if ($len($1-) &lt; 5) || (null isop #) return
  var %text = $strip($remove($1-,$chr(32)))
  var %non.caps = $len($removecs(%text,A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I,J,K,L,M,N,O,P,Q,R,S,T,U,V,W,X,Y,Z))
  ; %non.caps counts number of non-caps - note how it uses $removeCS (Case SenSiTiVE)
  var %full.line = $len($strip($remove(%text,$chr(32))))
  ; %full.line counts total length of line (with spaces removed)
  var %percent = $calc(1 - (%non.caps / %full.line))
  ;This %percent is set to how much of the text is actually caps.
  if (%percent &gt;= 0.6) {
    ;This if statement checks the percent of text that is caps,
    set -u60 %rl. [ $+ [ $address($nick,2) ] ] $calc( %rl. [ $+ [ $address($nick,2) ] ] + 1)
    ;the -u60 makes the variable unset after 30s without being used-for testing its 60 s
    if (%rl. [ $+ [ $address($nick,2) ] ] == 1)  [color:red]{[/color]
      msg $chan $nick Text contained $calc(%percent * 100) percent caps. 1. Warning
    [color:red]}[/color]
    if (%rl. [ $+ [ $address($nick,2) ] ] == 2) [color:red]{[/color]
      ban -u30 # $nick 11
      msg $chan $nick Text containedt $calc(%percent * 100) percent caps. Ban for 30 secs, last warning
    [color:red]}[/color]
    if (%rl. [ $+ [ $address($nick,2) ] ] == 3) {
      ban -u30 # $nick 11
      msg $chan $nick Text contained $calc(%percent * 100) percent caps. That's it.
      kick # $nick You were warned.
    }
  }
}
That should fix the problem you are having. I suggest killing the msgs though. You'd get flooded with even a small amount of users repeating in caps.

Edit: removed other suggestions

C
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
C
eh, agreed .. kill msgs and add { } 's ..

i didnt read all that code, it hurt my eyes .. lol .. but anouther sugestion .. learn $+() and $eval()

those 2 identifers will clean your code up ALOT ..

no need for all that blah [ $+ [ more blah ] ] junk anymore .. eh .. yuck :P

want to set a varable based on other vars or identifers?

set $+(%,fld.,$chan,.,$nick) whatever for example might set %fld.#mIRC.Cobra^ .. MUCH nicer than doing
set [ % $+ [ fld. $+ [ $chan ] $+ . $+ [ $nick ] ] ]

want to check the var in an if conditional .. well $+() creats the var as a string, so compliment it with $eval(..,2) like so

if ($eval($+(%,fld.,$chan,.,$nick),2) > 3) { code } .. etc

saves u time, makes code nicer and easier to read, reduces bugs because of [ ] inconsistancies .. i think u get the point.. lol

in the end u can code how u want to .. if u like the [ ] 's more power to ya .. but personaly i'd rather not mess with them if i didnt have to :P ..

Cobra^

G
Gwion Offline OP
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
G
Hi,

Thanks all, unfortunately the script still doesn' work right. At first offend it now msg 1. Warning and bans.
I need the messages too, can't skip that.

Any more ideas? I bet it's just a tiny problem somewhere maybe I made a simple mistake .. *sigh*

Anyway, thanks for your help,
Gwion

J
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
J
Did you cut and paste the revised code from above? It worked for me. On first offense it sent a message. On second offense it bans for 30 seconds and sends the 2nd message. On third offense it bans, kicks, and sends a message.

Link Copied to Clipboard