mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
Ameglian cow
OP Offline
Ameglian cow
How do I make mIRC flash when someone with any nickname joins any channel I am on?
I have looked in mIRC settings and crazily it seems to lack an option to do this even though you can set it up to flash when people say something.

How could I make it flash when someone joins even if they don't say anything?

I tried putting
on
Code:
*:join:#:{ flash JOIN }
in remote as suggested elsewhere on the forum but that didn't work, it still didn't flash when mIRC was minimised and someone entered the channel

Also, would it be possible to make mIRC flash when:
· Notify is activated (e.g. someone on my notify list connects, disconnects or both on the server overall)
· When someone parts or quits on any channel I am in
· When someone changes their nickname

Thanks anyone that helps, I really need this stuff blush

(also I was wondering is it possible for IRCops to see your notify list out of curiousity?)

A
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
A
opers can't see your notify list

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
Quote:
*:join:#:{ flash JOIN }

Make sure that says "on *:join:#:{..". Also make sure it's in a new remote file, File > New and that your remote is on by using /remote on.

Quote:
Also, would it be possible to make mIRC flash when:
· Notify is activated (e.g. someone on my notify list connects, disconnects or both on the server overall)
· When someone parts or quits on any channel I am in
· When someone changes their nickname

Use the ON NOTIFY, ON UNOTIFY, ON PART, ON QUIT and ON NICK events respectively. Note that the ON QUIT and ON NICK events do not have a #channel parameter, they are 'global' because a nick change and quits are not channel-specific.

Hope that helps smile

Regards,

Mentality/Chris

Link Copied to Clipboard