There are some oddities in the current behaviour. I'm not sure if they're the same as in 6.35, but they don't look correct to me.

Try this:

1. Reset Own Text in Alt+K to be K1 (black), or the default for the theme.
2. Create an action: /me tests something. The action should be in normal Action Text colour, not Own Text. If Own Text is meant to override this, it does not here.
3. Type something: "hello world"
4. Change Own Text in Alt+K to something else. You'll notice that your existing messages in the window change except for your actions. If Own Text is meant to override action text, it does not change existing lines.
5. Create another action: /me tests something again. You'll see that now it is overridden by Own Text. If this is the 6.35 behaviour, it works here.
6. Change the Own Text colour back to black and the last action and message will change colours, but again, the first action will not. And again, if you make a third /me action, it will show in Action Text colour, not the "black" to reset it to. This seems like an inconsistency worthy of "bug" classification to me.

Personally I wouldn't have expected Own Text to override Action Text, as this looks weird. I don't know what the 6.35 behaviour was, since I never ran into it, but the suggested compromise of adding Own Action Text sounds like a good one to me.

As a sidenote, I've found the behaviour of "Reset" confusing. It does not "Reset" to the *default* colour, just the one that was set prior to the dialog being open. It would be useful to have a "reset to default" behaviour (moreso than that of the current Reset). I can imagine a few people get confused about this. If it's meant to reset to the last change, "Undo" would be a more appropriate name.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"