mIRC Homepage
Posted By: qwerty Aliases with $& - 14/02/03 08:47 AM
Code:
alias abug echo -s one $&
  two

If you type /abug, it echoes "one" instead of the correct "one two" (if you enclose the code in { } it works fine though)
Posted By: Phant0m Re: Aliases with $& - 14/02/03 10:49 AM
Hey qwerty...

I don't see no bug, inserted "alias abug echo -s one $& two" into the remotes and typed abug and it replied with "one two"

Using Microsoft Windows XP Professional Corp with mIRC v6.03
Posted By: qwerty Re: Aliases with $& - 14/02/03 11:04 AM
This is normal, since your code is one line and mine two :tongue:
/help $&
Posted By: Phant0m Re: Aliases with $& - 14/02/03 11:18 AM
Hey...

I know the purpose of it but you aren't suppose to use it like that...
Posted By: Phant0m Re: Aliases with $& - 14/02/03 11:41 AM
What I mean is have you ever saw capabilities of alias events being on Multi Lines without using brackets { } ?

Alias Example Echo –a ONE LINE
Echo –a 2nd Line
Echo –a 3rd Line
Posted By: qwerty Re: Aliases with $& - 14/02/03 06:38 PM
But that's exactly the point... $& is NOT multiline, it's there so you can write in multiple lines but have mirc treat it as a single line. For example, you can write
Code:
if ($version == 6.03) $&
  echo -s ok

and it'll work, without needing { } or anything. { } are for multiline purposes, $& is not.
Posted By: Phant0m Re: Aliases with $& - 14/02/03 07:04 PM
I know what you mean, but what you class as a bug is what I’ve expect from mIRC style and thus here would be referred to me as abnormal considering mIRC’s current style of scripting. It can only be a bug if mIRC was supposedly programmed to-handle that which it’s not. This would actually be a Requested Feature...

You are going find quite a numerous things in the Help file which isn’t detailed enough… It’ happens...
Posted By: codemastr Re: Aliases with $& - 15/02/03 12:31 AM
I say it is a bug. $& is equivilent to \ in other languages. It means "treat the following line as a continuation of the current line" therefore it should work just fine.
Posted By: Phant0m Re: Aliases with $& - 15/02/03 12:45 AM
We all have our opinions and mine is it’s programmed to work in command mode only using brackets, Even though it should work without Brackets but since it’s been programmed to work only within brackets it’s not a bug and this would be a Requested Feature indeed...
© mIRC Discussion Forums