mIRC Homepage
Posted By: NightChillz /splay bug - 10/12/03 12:17 PM
dunno what it is but mirc wont play half my mp3/wma files, but they will play in any other program(like windows media player), wierdest part is most of them(not all) played fine in mirc yesterday :\
Posted By: Seifer Re: /splay bug - 10/12/03 12:27 PM
Are you getting any error messages? You can't expect a solution unless you actually give us an idea as to what could be wrong.
Posted By: theRat Re: /splay bug - 10/12/03 12:56 PM
what have you done since they last worked
Posted By: ParaBrat Re: /splay bug - 11/12/03 01:22 AM
just as a side note, mIRC doesnt actually play the sounds, it sends the command to windows, which then handles it with media player. You need to give a bitmore info before anyone can help you, but common probs are due to a script, spaces in a file name, files not where options thinks they are, codecs
Posted By: NightChillz Re: /splay bug - 11/12/03 05:45 AM
i havent done anything, all i know is that now any file i try to play in mirc it wont, and before it did(for most of them, not all, this has always been a problem for me, just not to this extent(none playing at all))

* /splay: unable to play 'C:\Documents and Settings\NightChillz\My Documents\My Music\dope\Felons and Revolutionaires\America the Pitiful.wma'
-
* /splay: unable to play 'C:\Documents and Settings\NightChillz\My Documents\My Music\dope\Felons and Revolutionaires\I Am Nothing.wma'
-
* /splay: unable to play 'C:\Documents and Settings\NightChillz\My Documents\My Music\dope\Group Therapy\Today is the day.wma'

now i can open up windows media player or any other media playing device and all those songs will play just fine.
Posted By: CtrlAltDel Re: /splay bug - 11/12/03 02:36 PM
just a thought .. try playing one that don't have a half-dozen (or more) spaces in the path
Posted By: MTec89 Re: /splay bug - 11/12/03 09:39 PM
use " " when spaces are in the path example:

splay "C:\one two\music songs\rap rock\example - works.eh"
Posted By: Man Re: /splay bug - 12/12/03 03:23 PM
If the error gave the whole filename then mIRC is recieveing the whole filename and understanding it meaning he has been using "

Also mIRC doesn't just send it to windows, it first does some error checking of its own.
Posted By: cold Re: /splay bug - 16/12/03 05:22 PM
Like was implicit in a previous reply, maybe these filenames contain consecutive spaces that mIRC isn't seeing..?
Posted By: NightChillz Re: /splay bug - 19/12/03 06:27 PM
i have always enclosed the filename in " " , if i didnt, then the error would be:

/splay 'C:\Documents' no such file

but that isnt the case, i use the whole path, and it will not play ANY of them, the part you guys arent hearing is that it playd them before i posted this, then they just stopped(thus the reason for posting!)
Posted By: cold Re: /splay bug - 19/12/03 06:31 PM
I'm not talking about this, I'm talking about consecutive spaces in the filenames. But since you seem to be sure the filenames didn't change, then that's not the problem either.
© mIRC Discussion Forums