mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Masterkiller Application to mIRC communication - 14/05/07 09:53 PM
I generally work in win32 (not MFC) in C++. I wonder if there is a way my program communicate with mIRC, forcing it to execute a script command. I know about DLL support, but in this way mIRC call the DLL and using FindWindow() send message to my program (in that way works mircamp.dll), then my program return a value, and returning '3' (int) it passes to the remote script. What if my program need to execute script command? (for example, my program is closed in some time and need to notify the mirc about that).
Posted By: RusselB Re: Application to mIRC communication - 14/05/07 10:10 PM
I've not used these much, but this sounds like a situation where COM Objects would be used.
Posted By: Sat Re: Application to mIRC communication - 14/05/07 10:35 PM
Use the SendMessage API that mIRC offers - see /help sendmessage
Posted By: MeStinkBAD Re: Application to mIRC communication - 19/05/07 07:54 PM
Screw sendmessage! Add some COM support! Sheesh...
Posted By: Sat Re: Application to mIRC communication - 20/05/07 12:48 AM
Okay smartass, how about you show us how to execute a command in mIRC from another program, using COM objects?
Posted By: hixxy Re: Application to mIRC communication - 20/05/07 12:56 AM
I think he meant that COM support should be added to mIRC. Although his post was pretty vague..
Posted By: Masterkiller Re: Application to mIRC communication - 20/05/07 12:54 PM
10x a lot for help. It should be good idea, to update mIRC API to accept WM_COPYDATA message for executing script commands requested from another application. It is easier for developers than COM, and faster than passing script by file.
© mIRC Discussion Forums