mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
M
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
M
I generally work in win32 (not MFC) in C++. I wonder if there is a way my program communicate with mIRC, forcing it to execute a script command. I know about DLL support, but in this way mIRC call the DLL and using FindWindow() send message to my program (in that way works mircamp.dll), then my program return a value, and returning '3' (int) it passes to the remote script. What if my program need to execute script command? (for example, my program is closed in some time and need to notify the mirc about that).

R
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
R
I've not used these much, but this sounds like a situation where COM Objects would be used.

Sat Offline
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Use the SendMessage API that mIRC offers - see /help sendmessage

Saturn, QuakeNet staff
M
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
M
Screw sendmessage! Add some COM support! Sheesh...

Beware of MeStinkBAD! He knows more than he actually does!
Sat Offline
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Okay smartass, how about you show us how to execute a command in mIRC from another program, using COM objects?

Saturn, QuakeNet staff
H
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
H
I think he meant that COM support should be added to mIRC. Although his post was pretty vague..

M
Pikka bird
OP Offline
Pikka bird
M
10x a lot for help. It should be good idea, to update mIRC API to accept WM_COPYDATA message for executing script commands requested from another application. It is easier for developers than COM, and faster than passing script by file.

Link Copied to Clipboard