mIRC Homepage
Posted By: FriedDish Color for names?! - 13/08/03 12:53 PM
Hello all togeteher =)))

One question! is it possible to make the names in mirc colored for coming Versions?! Cuz its a nice idear for gamers, they have all colored names in game!

cu Dish^comes
Posted By: Collective Re: Color for names?! - 13/08/03 01:14 PM
mIRC can not allow you to put colour codes in nicknames, it is only an IRC client and it is the IRC server that decides what you can put in your nicknames. I think there are servers that allow colours in nicknames but mIRC doesn't work with them well (it is against the IRC protocol after all).
Posted By: FriedDish hm.... - 13/08/03 01:18 PM
It´s a pity.... but ok!!!

thnx for info!!
Posted By: saxon Re: Color for names?! - 13/08/03 01:20 PM
Yes you can color names in the Nicklist in mIRC. ALT+B -> Nick. Or type /abook and select 'Nick'.

This will allow you to have different nicks in different colors.

The nick coloring can also be manipulated through script with /cnick and $cnick.
As Collective said, You can't have multiple colors in one nickna[/color][color:green]me though.

Posted By: Collective Re: Color for names?! - 13/08/03 01:27 PM
What he wants is that people would be able to type "/nick 1God" and that everyone in the room will see him as being called God, like you can in Quake3, etc.
Posted By: CloCkWeRX Re: Color for names?! - 14/08/03 06:01 AM
If the server you use is not a very good IRC seerver [such as the one I was messing around with creating outta mircscript] it's entirely possible to do this. mIRC already supports this; so you might want to yell at the creators of IRC protocol - but somehow I don't know if you'll get very far :P
Posted By: Watchdog Re: Color for names?! - 14/08/03 11:18 AM
They won't get far. Still if all he wants to do is make conversation with them then it's still worth a try. grin
© mIRC Discussion Forums