mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Necromancer Perform - 06/08/11 10:47 PM
Could there be a feature to not only for server groups (networks) set perform, but for separately servers (example..for irc.xy.com)?
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: Perform - 07/08/11 02:30 AM
What would the benefit of that be? If you're on a network, you're on it regardless of the server. I'm sure you have a reason, but I can't think of one right now.
Posted By: drum Re: Perform - 07/08/11 04:21 AM
Originally Posted By: Necromancer
Could there be a feature to not only for server groups (networks) set perform, but for separately servers (example..for irc.xy.com)?

You can use if statements in the perform command list, for example:

Code:
if ($server == irc.xy.com) nickserv identify abc123
Posted By: FroggieDaFrog Re: Perform - 07/08/11 08:28 PM
I'm an IRCop on a specific server of the network. Would be nice if I could just add a server specific "/Oper MyOperNick ...." to the preform list.
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: Perform - 07/08/11 09:20 PM
Ok, I can understand that reason for wanting server specific performs. As mentioned, it's easy to include an IF in the perform to do this and most IRCops should know at least that much of scripting, but not necessarily. It can be of use to some for that reason. The question is whether or not it's going to cause too much confusion among the many others who do not need it and aren't experts at mIRC. Not really sure the answer there. smile
Posted By: argv0 Re: Perform - 08/08/11 08:02 AM
Note that you can create a separate server group just for that single server, like "Network (ADMIN)". I assume that's a reasonable workaround, especially since an ircop is likely to only connect to that server anyway, so a group with many other servers is not needed.
Posted By: FroggieDaFrog Re: Perform - 08/08/11 08:56 PM
Argv0, that's currently what I'm doing. smile

Was only giving Rimaus an examle of it's usefulness
Posted By: argv0 Re: Perform - 09/08/11 03:36 AM
I was mostly talking to the OP. The point is mIRC can already accomplish this for those that need it. It's an extra step, but it's a reasonable one given the use case(s). Being an ircop is just one example, but any other example I can imagine that would be server specific would probably fall into the same category of use case.

I guess I don't see the "usefulness", since adding the server as Group Y and selecting that in perform is no different than adding a new server item in perform and checking some box to mark it as a server rather than network.
Posted By: Neeva Re: Perform - 03/11/11 01:25 AM
Hi,

I am sure that I do not understand things correctly since I am a beginner. smile

I connect to two different servers simultaneously and join rooms on each. My nick is registered on both. However, the password is different. So, I thought I would need a Perform for each server. My two servers do not appear in the list of available servers when selecting the "Add" option. So, I began searching for help.

I came across this thread and saw the reference to the IF statement. It seemed fairly straight forward. However, I still cannot get it to work. When I connect my IF statements don't seem to execute at all.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Neeva
Posted By: argv0 Re: Perform - 03/11/11 01:39 AM
Neeva:

Yes, you need a separate perform for each server (on a different network!)

This thread doesn't apply to you, though. You have the common use case where you can define perform normally for your different groups (networks). You don't have a single network that has multiple separate perform events.

Go into Alt+O -> Connect -> Options -> Perform... and enable perform on connect and select the correct network from the network list and then put the commands for that network in the box.

Note that if your servers are not associated with networks you can add them as a group in Alt+O -> Connect -> Servers
© mIRC Discussion Forums