mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
#233354 06/08/11 10:47 PM
N
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
OP Offline
Nutrimatic drinks dispenser
N
Could there be a feature to not only for server groups (networks) set perform, but for separately servers (example..for irc.xy.com)?

Necromancer #233360 07/08/11 02:30 AM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
What would the benefit of that be? If you're on a network, you're on it regardless of the server. I'm sure you have a reason, but I can't think of one right now.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
Necromancer #233362 07/08/11 04:21 AM
D
Pan-dimensional mouse
Pan-dimensional mouse
D
Originally Posted By: Necromancer
Could there be a feature to not only for server groups (networks) set perform, but for separately servers (example..for irc.xy.com)?

You can use if statements in the perform command list, for example:

Code:
if ($server == irc.xy.com) nickserv identify abc123

Riamus2 #233369 07/08/11 08:28 PM
F
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
F
I'm an IRCop on a specific server of the network. Would be nice if I could just add a server specific "/Oper MyOperNick ...." to the preform list.

I am SReject
My Stuff
FroggieDaFrog #233370 07/08/11 09:20 PM
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
Ok, I can understand that reason for wanting server specific performs. As mentioned, it's easy to include an IF in the perform to do this and most IRCops should know at least that much of scripting, but not necessarily. It can be of use to some for that reason. The question is whether or not it's going to cause too much confusion among the many others who do not need it and aren't experts at mIRC. Not really sure the answer there. smile

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net
Necromancer #233371 08/08/11 08:02 AM
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Note that you can create a separate server group just for that single server, like "Network (ADMIN)". I assume that's a reasonable workaround, especially since an ircop is likely to only connect to that server anyway, so a group with many other servers is not needed.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"
argv0 #233375 08/08/11 08:56 PM
F
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
F
Argv0, that's currently what I'm doing. smile

Was only giving Rimaus an examle of it's usefulness

I am SReject
My Stuff
FroggieDaFrog #233377 09/08/11 03:36 AM
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
I was mostly talking to the OP. The point is mIRC can already accomplish this for those that need it. It's an extra step, but it's a reasonable one given the use case(s). Being an ircop is just one example, but any other example I can imagine that would be server specific would probably fall into the same category of use case.

I guess I don't see the "usefulness", since adding the server as Group Y and selecting that in perform is no different than adding a new server item in perform and checking some box to mark it as a server rather than network.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
Necromancer #234551 03/11/11 01:25 AM
N
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
N
Hi,

I am sure that I do not understand things correctly since I am a beginner. smile

I connect to two different servers simultaneously and join rooms on each. My nick is registered on both. However, the password is different. So, I thought I would need a Perform for each server. My two servers do not appear in the list of available servers when selecting the "Add" option. So, I began searching for help.

I came across this thread and saw the reference to the IF statement. It seemed fairly straight forward. However, I still cannot get it to work. When I connect my IF statements don't seem to execute at all.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Neeva

Neeva #234552 03/11/11 01:39 AM
A
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
A
Neeva:

Yes, you need a separate perform for each server (on a different network!)

This thread doesn't apply to you, though. You have the common use case where you can define perform normally for your different groups (networks). You don't have a single network that has multiple separate perform events.

Go into Alt+O -> Connect -> Options -> Perform... and enable perform on connect and select the correct network from the network list and then put the commands for that network in the box.

Note that if your servers are not associated with networks you can add them as a group in Alt+O -> Connect -> Servers

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC

Link Copied to Clipboard