mIRC Homepage
Posted By: ik0n im pretty nub to scripting - 17/03/03 08:24 PM
i made these commands for mirc :#greet on
on 1:JOIN:#:{ .notice $nick Hi there, welcome to $chan !! }
#greet end
on 1:TEXT:@commands:*:/msg $chan 1,9@eF - @news - @roster - @leagues - @record - @supporters }
on 1:TEXT:@eF:*:/msg $chan 1,9excessive Force }
on 1:TEXT:@news:*:/msg $chan 1,9striker is teh cs whore!! }
on 1:TEXT:@roster:*:/msg $chan 1,9 ik0n - striker - GLfortex - Synergy - kr0y - Boo Radley - tr0n - momz - meta - meathead - Doorknob }
on 1:TEXT:@leagues:*:/msg $chan 1,9 CAL-o next season _ UGS-o next season }
on 1:TEXT:@record:*:/msg $chan 1,9 CAL-o (0-0-0) || UGS-o (0-0-0) }
on 1:TEXT:@supporters:*:/msg $chan 1,9 #fu #savants #team-style #cac-mai #apgclan #sevaa #clan-method }

well... the first and 2nd commands work but not the last ones can anyone tell me y? thank you!!! <3
Posted By: MTech Re: im pretty nub to scripting - 17/03/03 08:36 PM
Code:
;#greet on
on 1:JOIN:#:.notice $nick Hi there, welcome to $chan !!
;#greet end
on 1:TEXT:@commands:*:/msg $chan 1,9@eF - @news - @roster - @leagues - @record - @supporters
on 1:TEXT:@eF:*:/msg $chan 1,9excessive Force
on 1:TEXT:@news:*:/msg $chan 1,9striker is teh cs whore!!
on 1:TEXT:@roster:*:/msg $chan 1,9 ik0n - striker - GLfortex - Synergy - kr0y - Boo Radley - tr0n - momz - meta - meathead - Doorknob
on 1:TEXT:@leagues:*:/msg $chan 1,9 CAL-o next season _ UGS-o next season
on 1:TEXT:@record:*:/msg $chan 1,9 CAL-o (0-0-0) || UGS-o (0-0-0)
on 1:TEXT:@supporters:*:/msg $chan 1,9 #fu #savants #team-style #cac-mai #apgclan #sevaa #clan-method  

try that. should work...
Posted By: krunch Re: im pretty nub to scripting - 17/03/03 08:37 PM
i'd ruther use
Code:
on 1:join:#:{ .notice $nick Hi there, welcome to $chan $+ !! }
on 1:text:@*:#:{
if ($1 == @commands) { .msg $chan 1,9@eF - @news - @roster - @leagues - @record - @supporters }
if ($1 == @eF) { .msg $chan 1,9excessive Force }
if ($1 == @news) { .msg $chan 1,9striker is the cs whore!! }
if ($1 == @roster) { .msg $chan 1,9ij0n - striker - GLfortex - Synergy - kr0y - Boo Radley - tr0n - momz - meathead - Doorknob }
if ($1 == @leagues) { .msg $chan 1,9CAL -o next season _ UGS-o next season }
if ($1 == @record) { .msg $chan 1,9CAL-o (0-0-0) $chr(124)  $chr(124) USG-o (0-0-0) }
elseif ($1 == @supporters) { .msg $chan 1,9 $+ $chr(32) $+ fu $chr(32) $+ savants $chr(32) $+ team-style $chr(32) $+ cac-mai $chr(32) $+ apgclan $chr(32) $+ sevaa $chr(32) $+ clan-method }
}

in the record you had | | witch in mIRC is a command seperator
it would have msg the chan with CAL-o (0-0-0)
and then came up with UGS-o Unknowen command
thats why i used $chr(124) the ascii number, i like to use the ascii number for all different character's
Posted By: MTech Re: im pretty nub to scripting - 17/03/03 08:39 PM
i was just sticking with what he had...so its in format with whatever else he *might* have
Posted By: KingTomato Re: im pretty nub to scripting - 19/03/03 01:19 AM
Just for the record, his script has the |'s yes, but they are together.. Mirc will only act apon a single character ( | ) not two grouped ( || ) Just putting my $0.02 in >:D

Also the script you have ends in }'s on each line.. For that to be valid, the complete command must be enclosed in them.. If you want to see how they are ligned up, you might try the [{}] button on the top right of the mirc editor window smirk
Posted By: Cheech Re: im pretty nub to scripting - 19/03/03 01:33 AM
well from my understanding of the line containing the ||'s would it not try to decide which one of those to display as 2 || together means "or" ?
You can combine comparisons by using the && for AND and || for OR characters.

© mIRC Discussion Forums