mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Infernal bot help - 21/05/04 01:15 PM
i need a remote bot that can execute my triggers on my channel, someone know a good one
Posted By: sparta Re: bot help - 21/05/04 01:16 PM
Trigger what? you have to let us know what you looking for..
Posted By: Infernal Re: bot help - 21/05/04 01:50 PM
a trigger like !help. they told me to use an eggdrop...
Posted By: Zelda4ever32 Re: bot help - 21/05/04 07:03 PM
Hey,

I script my bot using mIRC... Eggdrops are too much of a hassle and i honestly dont know where u can go for support with em. A new mIRC with a buttload of on *:TEXT: events is usually enough for a satisfactory bot.

-Zelda4ever
aka "The Big 'Z'"
Posted By: Infernal Re: bot help - 21/05/04 07:09 PM
what the hell do you mean with "I script my bot using mIRC". I don't have a bot, so i can't script it
Posted By: The_Game Re: bot help - 21/05/04 10:48 PM
What he means is to make a bot using a different mIRC client. It would be similar to your mIRC that you use to chat with except customized to act on its own. What you wanna do is look in your mIRC.hlp file on the following:

1. User Levels
2. On Text events
3. On Op events
4. On Kick events
5. On Ban events

And so on and so forth....

Use what you need to get your mIRC Bot running to fit your needs, If you have any other questions about how to get one started you can ask here for help with what you don't understand.

Good Luck
Posted By: Iori Re: bot help - 22/05/04 02:36 AM
Google is your friend. http://www.google.com/search?q=eggdrop smile
Posted By: Infernal Re: bot help - 22/05/04 10:12 AM
but with that second mirc client i need a pc that runs 24/7, and i don't have that
Posted By: The_Game Re: bot help - 22/05/04 05:44 PM
Well then you may want to consider eggdrops as mentioned in the URL that was given to you. Also, you would need a Shell Account for the eggdrop to run while you aren't online...something to consider.

The second mIRC client you would use would only run while you are online, unless you have another computer in which case you said that wasn't an option.
© mIRC Discussion Forums