mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Rokk3000 Exploit still works in mirc 6.12 - 14/10/03 02:25 PM
I upgraded to mirc 6.12 yesterday, but soon afterwards somebody used the same exploit to crash my mirc as had been used in 6.03.

This is quite annoying. Either the upgrade did not fix the problem or somebody has already found a way around the fix.

I checked my Windows registry and ensured there were no old mirc settings left.
Posted By: Ashkrynt Re: Exploit still works in mirc 6.12 - 14/10/03 03:52 PM
I use 6.12 and when people try the exploit it just says "DCC Send rejected (invalid parameters)"
Posted By: r0ck0 Re: Exploit still works in mirc 6.12 - 14/10/03 03:59 PM
Maybe it's a different DCC exploit.
Posted By: Mentality Re: Exploit still works in mirc 6.12 - 14/10/03 04:39 PM
I get the same as Ashkrynt. Try a complete clean install of mIRC without any remote files etc etc. If it's still affecting you, send as much information as you can to Khaled@mirc.com and/or Tjerk@mirc.com.

As an added note, I am receiving the same message as Ashkrynt when someone tried to exploit my mIRC.

Regards,
Posted By: 2D4EVER Re: Exploit still works in mirc 6.12 - 15/10/03 12:42 AM
You know what's really strange? I use 6.03 and I was in queue to download something from a bot last night. Someone tried the exploit and I got the invalid parameter message. What's up with that?
Posted By: LocutusofBorg Re: Exploit still works in mirc 6.12 - 15/10/03 06:41 AM
That's the tricky part. The message 6.12 gives is a message that has always existed. I have had it several times in the past. Shame, you can't tell if someome's deliberately doing this, or if it has another cause.
© mIRC Discussion Forums