mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
R
Mostly harmless
OP Offline
Mostly harmless
R
I upgraded to mirc 6.12 yesterday, but soon afterwards somebody used the same exploit to crash my mirc as had been used in 6.03.

This is quite annoying. Either the upgrade did not fix the problem or somebody has already found a way around the fix.

I checked my Windows registry and ensured there were no old mirc settings left.

A
Vogon poet
Vogon poet
A
I use 6.12 and when people try the exploit it just says "DCC Send rejected (invalid parameters)"

R
Fjord artisan
Fjord artisan
R
Maybe it's a different DCC exploit.

M
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
M
I get the same as Ashkrynt. Try a complete clean install of mIRC without any remote files etc etc. If it's still affecting you, send as much information as you can to Khaled@mirc.com and/or Tjerk@mirc.com.

As an added note, I am receiving the same message as Ashkrynt when someone tried to exploit my mIRC.

Regards,

Mentality/Chris
Self-satisified door
Self-satisified door
You know what's really strange? I use 6.03 and I was in queue to download something from a bot last night. Someone tried the exploit and I got the invalid parameter message. What's up with that?

L
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
L
That's the tricky part. The message 6.12 gives is a message that has always existed. I have had it several times in the past. Shame, you can't tell if someome's deliberately doing this, or if it has another cause.

DALnet #Helpdesk
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand. -Confucius

Link Copied to Clipboard