mIRC Homepage
Posted By: StarFire Can't connect to mIRC using Windows 7 - 09/04/14 06:52 PM
Does anyone know why, since I upgraded from Windows XP to 7, I can't get mIRC to connect to any servers, including the one I go to all the time? I'm bummed.
Posted By: westor Re: Can't connect to mIRC using Windows 7 - 10/04/14 01:51 PM
What message displays when you try to connect to an server?
Posted By: StarFire Re: Can't connect to mIRC using Windows 7 - 11/04/14 10:43 PM
The message only says "Cannot connect to server", and then it eventually times out... I've since found out I can't connect to any chat rooms using either Java or Flash player either... most aggravating... thanks for any help you can give me!
Posted By: sparta Re: Can't connect to mIRC using Windows 7 - 12/04/14 05:04 AM
Sounds like your computer blocking the connection, did you try disable your firewall? You can also try disable your virus protection and try connect again. Dont forget to enable the virus protection again when you are done testing.
Posted By: StarFire Re: Can't connect to mIRC using Windows 7 - 12/04/14 09:25 PM
Not only have I tried getting in while my firewall was disabled, I actually uninstalled my anti-virus at the same time to make sure it wasn't the culprit. And yes, I did reinstall it afterwards. Nothing seems to be working for me. I've never seen anything like it. I have the most up-to-date flash player installed, an older version of Java that doesn't decide for me what sites I can or can't get into (the nerve of those people), and the same version of mIRC I was using on my old computer. I'd think it was some settings in my firewall if I hadn't actively turned it off while trying to do these things. Microsoft support says it's a problem with mIRC. I say it worked fine on XP, so it's a problem with Windows 7 but how do you argue with them?
Posted By: sparta Re: Can't connect to mIRC using Windows 7 - 13/04/14 09:04 AM
Did you try any other server? You should try to connect to some big networks like Efnet, Dalnet or IRCnet.
© mIRC Discussion Forums