mIRC Home    About    Download    Register    News    Help

Print Thread
S
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
S
Does anyone know why, since I upgraded from Windows XP to 7, I can't get mIRC to connect to any servers, including the one I go to all the time? I'm bummed.

Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
What message displays when you try to connect to an server?

Need Online mIRC help or an mIRC Scripting Freelancer? -> https://irc.chathub.org <-
S
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
S
The message only says "Cannot connect to server", and then it eventually times out... I've since found out I can't connect to any chat rooms using either Java or Flash player either... most aggravating... thanks for any help you can give me!

Last edited by StarFire; 11/04/14 10:45 PM.
S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Sounds like your computer blocking the connection, did you try disable your firewall? You can also try disable your virus protection and try connect again. Dont forget to enable the virus protection again when you are done testing.

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }
S
Self-satisified door
OP Offline
Self-satisified door
S
Not only have I tried getting in while my firewall was disabled, I actually uninstalled my anti-virus at the same time to make sure it wasn't the culprit. And yes, I did reinstall it afterwards. Nothing seems to be working for me. I've never seen anything like it. I have the most up-to-date flash player installed, an older version of Java that doesn't decide for me what sites I can or can't get into (the nerve of those people), and the same version of mIRC I was using on my old computer. I'd think it was some settings in my firewall if I hadn't actively turned it off while trying to do these things. Microsoft support says it's a problem with mIRC. I say it worked fine on XP, so it's a problem with Windows 7 but how do you argue with them?

S
Hoopy frood
Hoopy frood
S
Did you try any other server? You should try to connect to some big networks like Efnet, Dalnet or IRCnet.

if ($me != tired) { return } | else { echo -a Get a pot of coffee now $+($me,.) }

Link Copied to Clipboard