mIRC Homepage
Posted By: mikex /splay error. - 05/10/06 02:43 PM
Hello, When I use the /splay "X:/song.mp3" command nothing plays, any suggestions? tried this on 6.17,6.16 and 6.2
Posted By: billythekid Re: /splay error. - 05/10/06 04:20 PM
do you get an "unable to play" error in status, if not try a different mp3 as some don't play, strangely. mIRC is entirely dependant on media player to play stuff, so try opening the file in media player too(although sometimes they play in MP and not in mIRC)

you could also try this piece of code

//noop $findfile($left($mircdir,2),*.mp3,1,splay $1-)

use both //s if doing it from the command line.

btk
Posted By: mikex Re: /splay error. - 05/10/06 04:58 PM
I don't get any error and I tried the command you gave me and it didn't play, they work in windows media player but not mIRC, strange.
Posted By: hixxy Re: /splay error. - 05/10/06 07:28 PM
If you're not getting any error it sounds like either you have a custom /splay alias, which can see by typing //echo -a $isalias(splay), or the file is being played but it's silent.
Posted By: Lpfix5 Re: /splay error. - 05/10/06 07:36 PM
Quote:
Hello, When I use the /splay "X:/song.mp3" command nothing plays, any suggestions? tried this on 6.17,6.16 and 6.2

type this //splay -p X:\song.mp3 | //vol -v 65535

make sure to type it exactly shown with the 2 //
Posted By: mikex Re: /splay error. - 05/10/06 11:38 PM
Quote:
If you're not getting any error it sounds like either you have a custom /splay alias, which can see by typing //echo -a $isalias(splay), or the file is being played but it's silent.

It's not an alias and I tried //splay -p F:\files\always.mp3 | //vol -v 65535 and I didn't hear anything.
Posted By: bierens Re: /splay error. - 06/10/06 05:34 PM
I get the same error, i think its a bug in mirc or in media player.

Maybe any1 have some solution for it?
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: /splay error. - 07/10/06 01:35 AM
Have you guys tried other MP3s? **Not all MP3s will play in mIRC using /splay**
Posted By: Lpfix5 Re: /splay error. - 07/10/06 04:16 AM
Really man you shouldnt have an issue unless the splay alias was re-written.

Riamus I yet to see that happen
Posted By: Mardeg Re: /splay error. - 07/10/06 01:02 PM
Could be an oddly encoded mp3 file. I've found that sometimes with a bitrate less than 96k/s.
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: /splay error. - 07/10/06 03:26 PM
Yeah, certain MP3s are not encoded "correctly" and even if they play on WMP, mIRC doesn't like them. I've had a couple do that to me in the past and had to find different versions.

Of course, it is possible that in the last couple of versions, mIRC has gotten better at dealing with those. I haven't seen it happen since probably around 6.14. But I haven't seen any changes to splay either, so...
Posted By: Lpfix5 Re: /splay error. - 07/10/06 07:26 PM
I remember when splay used to lock up mirc if you would splay stop a song and try to play another etc..

spay has been improved for fact try an older mIRC version with splay youll see what I mean
© mIRC Discussion Forums